Army Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think he is sending g a big F-U to the team, to be honest.

Play the walk-ons…If that’s the case then so be it. But the longer you keep a bad team in…the more they start believing. I hope he realizes that he cannot play this second unit. There’s literally zero scoring among them. 

Edited by Hoosier987

I'm not one for overreacting, but genuinely, we barely look like a functioning basketball team at the moment. There's not really anything we've done well. That second unit lineup was never going to work, but the starters have done distressingly little as well. This shouldn't be happening.

• Like 3

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

If that’s the case then so be it. But the longer you keep a bad team in…the more they start believing. I hope he realizes that he cannot play this second unit. There’s literally zero scoring among them. 

I'm all for proving a point, etc., but you absolutely cannot lose this game. 

If we end up anywhere near the bubble, this game keeps you on the wrong side if you lose it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Maedhros said:

I'm not one for overreacting, but genuinely, we barely look like a functioning basketball team at the moment. There's not really anything we've done well. That second unit lineup was never going to work, but the starters have done distressingly little as well. This shouldn't be happening.

We look like a super randomly constructed team. Like a team picked at the Y. Hope they find their roles

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Bad shot by Mgbako, but I really feel like the coaching is not putting him in a position to be successful or gain confidence. 

I’ve felt like there isn’t enough offense being ran through him especially in the beginning of the game to get him “hot”. He does seem to have the Miller Kopp role of just standing in the corner. Reminds me of Romeo in the Archie Miller offense.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm all for proving a point, etc., but you absolutely cannot lose this game. 

If we end up anywhere near the bubble, this game keeps you on the wrong side if you lose it. 

Anything less than a 20 point win is concerning. This team lost to Stonehill. If we win in single digits we still take a dive in metrics (because Army is so bad). 

Just now, Inequality said:

I’ve felt like there isn’t enough offense being ran through him especially in the beginning of the game to get him “hot”. He does seem to have the Miller Kopp role of just standing in the corner. Reminds me of Romeo in the Archie Miller offense.

Agree completely. We have Todd Leary calling him the best shooter we have had in a long time, but we just park him in the corner. 

• Like 1