March Madness 2024

2 hours ago, ForHumanity said:

Nothing like laying a boiled egg. Boil-her-up. For a moment I thought it was IU on the floor trading 2's for 3's. Purdue's last chance at a title shot.

Coach of the year and player of the year couldn't get it done.

Eddy picks up his first foul halfway through the 2nd half. That is one of the more amazing stats of the game.

I think Painter will get them back to the NC tbh. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Recent rumors he may come back actually. NIL check would be enormous. 

That wouldn’t bode well for his NBA dreams in my opinion. He’ll never have a higher ceiling and this draft is amongst the weakest of recent memory. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d argue they proved it against everyone minus UConn. UConn was just on another level. They held up fine against a solid Tennessee defense.  

NC state got every shot they wanted. Just couldn’t hit them. Purdue had the same problem with UConn. Stopped you cold on D too. 

5 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

NC state got every shot they wanted. Just couldn’t hit them. Purdue had the same problem with UConn. Stopped you cold on D too. 

Purdue couldn't get any shots other than getting it to Edey in the post or Smith making a kamikaze drive to the rim. 

• Like 1

Hats off to Edey and a great college career, but I still think he’ll struggle in the NBA. He carried the team all year, and had a great game last night, but the guards were overmatched against UConn. Everyone else but Smith, was a non factor - TKR 4 pts, Jones 5 pts, Loyer - 0 pts, Bench - 2 pts.

On to next year, and the banner count still stands - IU 5 / Purdue 0.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

UConn is NW with NBA talent 

Long rebounds & extra possessions were the difference 

it is annoying to watch Hurley basically on the court with no repercussions F bombing Edey….kinda like Collin’s at NW

Just like NW the moving/wide screens set by the center makes it really hard to guard NBA talent 

Only disappointing thing for me is getting out rebounded and out toughed  

I seriously want Purdue to grab & hold on the perimeter….they are going to even the fouls out in the end might as well get your monies worth.  

Great season….great run.  Couldn’t be a prouder alum….just checked. 🌞 is up…Masters teeing off…Month of May on the way…

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

To borrow a phrase from legendary goalie Patrick Roy, I'm sure Dan is saying "What? They said I was an ass? Oh, I couldn't hear them....I had my two championship rings plugging my ears."

Anderson…running man ref is the new TV Ted 

8 minute TO on court interview Hurley says we have to change how we cover Edey.  What he meant was I’m going to go ape 🦍 💩on the sidelines and we are going to play more physical 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

One of the more entertaining parts of this season has been watching Gregg Doyell turn into a huge Purdue fan and noticing he can’t even cover them without mentioning IU constantly. 

Doyal is an antagonist not a journalist. He’s trolling IU fans with his Purdue fandom and it’s all for clicks. The only way he gets clicks is by mentioning IU in the same breath as Purdue. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also... watching that game last night and then seeing multiple sources have Purdue in their pre season Top 10, imo, is laughable. 

I mean it’s dumb to do rankings this early before the flurry of portal activity but Purdue has earned the respect/kudos to be ranked high next year. They return a lot of production and bring in a really good recruiting class. 

18 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

UConn is NW with NBA talent 

Long rebounds & extra possessions were the difference 

it is annoying to watch Hurley basically on the court with no repercussions F bombing Edey….kinda like Collin’s at NW

Just like NW the moving/wide screens set by the center makes it really hard to guard NBA talent 

Only disappointing thing for me is getting out rebounded and out toughed  

I seriously want Purdue to grab & hold on the perimeter….they are going to even the fouls out in the end might as well get your monies worth.  

Great season….great run.  Couldn’t be a prouder alum….just checked. 🌞 is up…Masters teeing off…Month of May on the way…

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean it’s dumb to do rankings this early before the flurry of portal activity but Purdue has earned the respect/kudos to be ranked high next year. They return a lot of production and bring in a really good recruiting class. 

I was openly pulling for Purdue last night for documented reasons. But come on man....take Edey out of last nights lineup and UConn wins by 40 if Hurley doesn't call the dogs off.  Purdue has some good shooters, but they're not the greatest at getting their own shot.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You have to run the weave with a purpose and players who can take advantage when the time comes.  We run the weave just to move the ball around with no actual purpose to do anything with it.  When you watch UConn or any other talented team run that, they have have guards who are looking for a reason to drive and dish or taken an open 3.  We just run through the motion with no real purpose of why we're doing it.

Because our guards aren't good enough or are afraid. Afraid of what? I have no idea.