Calipari to Arkansas?

36 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Probably offered, talked but Drew has deep ties to Baylor. Wife is an introvert. Kids are in school and only know Waco. This is not a slam dunk imho. I predicted they will whiff on their top 3 choices. We will see. 

Looking forward to the announcement that they’ve hired Pitino, then BBN learns it’s little Ricky

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Probably offered, talked but Drew has deep ties to Baylor. Wife is an introvert. Kids are in school and only know Waco. This is not a slam dunk imho. I predicted they will whiff on their top 3 choices. We will see. 

Yeah, you shouldn't mess with happy. Drew's making $5M at Baylor. Perfect culture fit. They just built a new arena. With the way he saved the program, they would never have the quick trigger there that KY would, if he had a couple bad years. 

Kentucky just lost their top recruit, Jayden Quaintance, following Karter Knox. Feels like a matter of time before Boogie Fland and Somto Cyril do the same.

I think Arkansas's roster is literally empty, though, so might be a good chance most of them follow Calipari.

On 4/9/2024 at 12:27 PM, Zlinedavid said:

Oats posted on Twitter saying he's staying. 

Maybe having a legit shot at Bobby Hurley.  Dan could stay as long as Calhoun did if he wants now.  His dad is a legitimate legend in the area, he grew up in NJ, played at Seton Hall, and has coached at Wagner, Rhode Island and UConn.  He's a native northeasterner and has 2 decades worth of connections in a fairly fertile recruiting territory.  And now he's got the momentum of back to back national titles. 

Hurley would be out of his mind to leave that only to have to put up with those inbred lunatics.  He's already making about $7M/year with incentives.  Cal was making about $8M.  A million per year ain't enough to give up a sweet setup like he has and have to put up with the Big Blue Nitwits. 

He’s practically a ‘Masshole….

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Kentucky just lost their top recruit, Jayden Quaintance, following Karter Knox. Feels like a matter of time before Boogie Fland and Somto Cyril do the same.

I think Arkansas's roster is literally empty, though, so might be a good chance most of them follow Calipari.

• Like 2

I$ it ju$t me, or doe$ there $eem to be a $egment of coache$ that aren’t doing a$ well in the NIL era, maybe $ince the playing field wa$ leveled and their previou$ advantage wa$ removed? Maybe guy$ like Calipari, $elf, $ean Miller, etc.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BankShot said:

I$ it ju$t me, or doe$ there $eem to be a $egment of coache$ that aren’t doing a$ well in the NIL era, maybe $ince the playing field wa$ leveled and their previou$ advantage wa$ removed? Maybe guy$ like Calipari, $elf, $ean Miller, etc.

To be fair, Teflon John was crafting perennial tournament disappointments before NIL. :coffee: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Some older coaches hate it. They wont change they will quit. By the way you arent buying freshmen, you are buying the portal guys

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

To be fair, Teflon John was crafting perennial tournament disappointments before NIL. :coffee: 

True.

Whatever happened to “Worldwide Wes” ? I forgot all about him.

Did Kentucky start having a fall off around the time he became less engaged? Just asking… I don’t know, I haven’t followed it.

True.

Whatever happened to “Worldwide Wes” ? I forgot all about him.

Did Kentucky start having a fall off around the time he became less engaged? Just asking… I don’t know, I haven’t followed it.

He’s been working for the Knicks since 2020.

8 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

LMFAO 

I watched the news this morning and he was talking about blue blood schools and how Kentucky was definitely one. He then went on to say that Arkansas is also one of those blue blood schools.....

Arkansas a blue blood....? Far from it. I thought, "what the heck did he just say.....? lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I watched the news this morning and he was talking about blue blood schools and how Kentucky was definitely one. He then went on to say that Arkansas is also one of those blue blood schools.....

Arkansas a blue blood....? Far from it. I thought, "what the heck did he just say.....? lol

image.thumb.jpeg.711a015d2f8bc2ac59fe68f3e7217564.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Pretty much my thoughts on IU for the last 30 years.  I'm not sure any coach can win at the highest level at IU without a wholesale change in management and culture.

This is just my opinion, and I have no inside info, but I think our administration has been much more aligned in making sports a priority since Whitten became president.

Our problem with basketball lies within  the outsize influence that some members of the BOT seem to have on the program.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Umm…..we’ve been in a Final Four more recently than Arkansas. 😂

• Like 1