Calipari to Arkansas?

18 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He never said the players needed to hear another voice. He said the program, the university and the fans. It's clear he knew he had worn out his welcome.

If you're being run out of town, get out front and pretend you're leading a parade.

Yes, when he said "the program as a whole..." I automatically considered the players being a part of the program.

26 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

You can save a lot of souls with the pay that UK is throwing around.

I know a guy who always tithes 10% to his church. He never gambles, but the first time Powerball hit $1 billion he thought about buying a ticket but was conflicted. He told his pastor and said what should I do if I win, that's dirty money. The pastor put his hand on his shoulder and said son, don't worry, just give the money to the church and the Lord will clean it up

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I know a guy who always tithes 10% to his church. He never gambles, but the first time Powerball hit $1 billion he thought about buying a ticket but was conflicted. He told his pastor and said what should I do if I win, that's dirty money. The pastor put his hand on his shoulder and said son, don't worry, just give the money to the church and the Lord will clean it up

Amen reverend. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

You can save a lot of souls with the pay that UK is throwing around.

He incorporates his secular beliefs in his curriculum. It’s who he is. It’s not about just the money. Not sure how much that jives with administrations. 

4 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

I’ve got a bet with a coworker that UK won’t get oats, Hurley or Drew. Also bet him IU will have a better record. 

I like your odds on the first part, not sure about the second until we see who we get in the portal, and who UK gets as coach. I certainly hope YOU win!

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

lol…I’ll tell you this…plenty of men that made their money in more seedy and unethical ways have turned their life to Christ and God has used their money in wonderful ways. Orphanages in Africa. Women shelters in S America…while I don’t anticipate him giving me money through the lottery I’m very sure he could “clean” it up just fine. I know for sure he would make better use of it than our govt does so I say good luck man!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Well…I had no idea Mitch m(AD) of UK is friends with Drew. He just slung a 11 million 7 year deal to him. You never..ever ever hire friends like that. Sounds like he’s the only one offered. 

$11 million/7 years was to Hurley, seems like Rupp Rafters believes Drew’s contract will be around $7 million per year

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Scott Drew and the UK AD are buddies, somewhat close enough. 

I might be wrong  but i think both of them are on the board of directors for Face 2 Face a Christian non for profit profiling Christian athletes. My former minister runs the program. The President of the BOD none other that Steve Alford.

45 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Will Calipari be able to recruit at Arkansas like he did at Kentucky? Not so sure, but we’ll see. His time might be over. NIL and the Portal have changed everything.

That is what I can't wait to see.  The big "advantages" that Teflon John had are now mostly legal for everyone.  And now that he's at a decent but much less prestigious program.....

20 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

That is what I can't wait to see.  The big "advantages" that Teflon John had are now mostly legal for everyone.  And now that he's at a decent but much less prestigious program.....

It will be interesting to see how many of his current players follow him to Arkansas, and how many look elsewhere.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53

6 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Sounds like they went to see Drew, but he didn’t come to Lexington?

On Wednesday morning, a plane belonging to JC Land LLC — a company owned by Joe Craft, according to business records with the Kentucky Secretary of State — flew to the Waco area. The aircraft was headed back to Lexington later Wednesday morning and scheduled to land around noon. Craft is UK Athletics’ biggest booster and a major donor to the university.

https://amp.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article287535585.html

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Sounds like they went to see Drew, but he didn’t come to Lexington?

On Wednesday morning, a plane belonging to JC Land LLC — a company owned by Joe Craft, according to business records with the Kentucky Secretary of State — flew to the Waco area. The aircraft was headed back to Lexington later Wednesday morning and scheduled to land around noon. Craft is UK Athletics’ biggest booster and a major donor to the university.

https://amp.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article287535585.html

Probably offered, talked but Drew has deep ties to Baylor. Wife is an introvert. Kids are in school and only know Waco. This is not a slam dunk imho. I predicted they will whiff on their top 3 choices. We will see.