Calipari to Arkansas?

Just now, Victobmyboy said:

I’ve got a bet with a coworker that UK won’t get oats, Hurley or Drew. Also bet him IU will have a better record. 

Drew is one they have a legit shot with.  Baylor is only mid-pack in the B12 in terms of endowment and Waco is out in the middle of bumf**k nowhere.  He'd have a lot more resources at his disposal and he'd be closer to home. 

4 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

He would run to UK. 

IDK. He's a Mormon at BYU. Totally different culture. 

Immediately after toppling No. 7 Kansas earlier this week — arguably the best win of Pope’s five-year BYU tenure — the Cougars’ head coach reflected on the principle of Sabbath day observance and how he views briefly resting from basketball preparation as a blessing.

“Sundays are pretty special for us,” Pope told BYU radio broadcasters Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant. “I’m believing more and more that our prep on Sunday is probably more important than our prep on Monday. It doesn’t guarantee wins or losses, but I’m just a believer ... we’re fortunate that we have these guidelines to follow.”

18 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hurley addressed the opening with a few jokes, telling reporters he doesn't "think that's a concern" when asked about Kentucky. He added they should ask his wife, Andrea, who is also a native of New Jersey.

"Oh my God, Kentucky or anywhere that's going to take her further from New Jersey," he said when asked about her reaction to a potential move. "I mean, we just went to Rhode Island, which I had to drag her to, and then to Connecticut. I got her closer. And now further? I can't afford a divorce right now, too. I just started making money."

Hurley went on to give some insight into what's next for his program: "Now you're thinking in your brain, as I'm looking at the locker room, about the chance to do it three times, like a dynasty in modern times. I mean, that's what I'm thinking about."

I don't care if some people think he's an ass.  Just based on those three paragraphs above, I respect the hell out of Danny Hurley. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IDK. He's a Mormon at BYU. Totally different culture. 

Immediately after toppling No. 7 Kansas earlier this week — arguably the best win of Pope’s five-year BYU tenure — the Cougars’ head coach reflected on the principle of Sabbath day observance and how he views briefly resting from basketball preparation as a blessing.

“Sundays are pretty special for us,” Pope told BYU radio broadcasters Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant. “I’m believing more and more that our prep on Sunday is probably more important than our prep on Monday. It doesn’t guarantee wins or losses, but I’m just a believer ... we’re fortunate that we have these guidelines to follow.”

And his wife is the daughter of a former Utah women's basketball coach. 

9 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

UK gonna pull an IU and announce Kyle Macy.

Every couch in Fayette county would be burned to ashes.  At least Woodson had taken two NBA teams to the playoffs.  Macy took Morehead State to the tournament once in 11 years. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

They've got a better chance of getting Mark Few out of Spokane than getting Stevens, and they could throw Fort Knox at Few and he ain't budging. 

I can say Mark Few won't be going to UK if what DD said yesterday was true. DD was talking to Few a while ago at the FF and asked him about the IU job. Few said he wouldn't ever want to coach there because the people in Indiana is crazy. If he says that about OU wonder what he thinks about people in Kentucky 

Stevens isn't even 50 years old and is the president of ops for one of the most prestigious NBA franchises.  And he's going to quit that gig for the insanity that is Kentucky basketball?

F**k me sideways....

Ohhhhhh. I thought you were dating a female cheerleader. My mistake. :coffee:

• Haha 3

Drew is one they have a legit shot with.  Baylor is only mid-pack in the B12 in terms of endowment and Waco is out in the middle of bumf**k nowhere.  He'd have a lot more resources at his disposal and he'd be closer to home. 

Drew is the least likely imho. Hes so entrenched in Baylor Christian principles. Some would say he’s a fanatical. (Faith healing, speak in tongues etc). He’s exactly at the place he fits in my opinion. He wants his players saved first before basketball. Is it a bad thing? Just not a fit at a lot of public universities. 

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I can say Mark Few won't be going to UK if what DD said yesterday was true. DD was talking to Few a while ago at the FF and asked him about the IU job. Few said he wouldn't ever want to coach there because the people in Indiana is crazy. If he says that about OU wonder what he thinks about people in Kentucky 

Few is getting up there in age to. 61 now, he isnt going anywhere.

33 minutes ago, Tom White said:

I had to laugh when he talked about players needing to hear another voice. It isn't as if many of them were around long enough to have his voice become stale to them.

He never said the players needed to hear another voice. He said the program, the university and the fans. It's clear he knew he had worn out his welcome.

If you're being run out of town, get out front and pretend you're leading a parade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Drew is the least likely imho. Hes so entrenched in Baylor Christian principles. Some would say he’s a fanatical. (Faith healing, speak in tongues etc). He’s exactly at the place he fits in my opinion. He wants his players saved first before basketball. Is it a bad thing? Just not a fit at a lot of public universities. 

You can save a lot of souls with the pay that UK is throwing around.