Calipari to Arkansas?

10 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Looks like some of the top options saying no thanks. I wonder if the next coach wants that lifetime contract and Cal money?

Checked in on Rupp Rafters. A sizable contingent is whining that KY may end up "settling" for Scott Drew (I'd be shocked if he took that job). What a delusional group. I'd bring Drew from Waco to Bloomington in a pedi-cab if that's what it took. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Checked in on Rupp Rafters. A sizable contingent is whining that KY may end up "settling" for Scott Drew (I'd be shocked if he took that job). What a delusional group. I'd bring Drew from Waco to Bloomington in a pedi-cab if that's what it took. 

I am interested to see what happens. 

We have used the excuse that blue blood pressure cookers may not be as attractive as we once thought with all the big TV money rolling into the B1G and SEC. Monetarily, a good chunk of schools can hold on to their over achieving coaches with contract extensions and offer similar $$$ to proven coaching candidates. And now, without all that money flowing under the table to players, all of the sudden, things got much for competitive for UK. 

Can they pull in a big name or are they going to be denied by a string of candidates? 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Just out of curiosity....what name is getting that group of inbreds all moist and tingly? Let me guess....Donovan?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Just out of curiosity....what name is getting that group of inbreds all moist and tingly? Let me guess....Donovan?

I've seen some think they have a legit shot at Hurley. Stranger things have happened,  but I just don't see it. I've also heard from down here that Oats has told them no at least twice.

Edited by Hoosierinbham
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I seen some think they have a legit shot at Hurley. Stranger things have happened,  but I just don't see it. I've also heard from down here that Oats has told them no at least twice.

Oats posted on Twitter saying he's staying. 

Maybe having a legit shot at Bobby Hurley.  Dan could stay as long as Calhoun did if he wants now.  His dad is a legitimate legend in the area, he grew up in NJ, played at Seton Hall, and has coached at Wagner, Rhode Island and UConn.  He's a native northeasterner and has 2 decades worth of connections in a fairly fertile recruiting territory.  And now he's got the momentum of back to back national titles. 

Hurley would be out of his mind to leave that only to have to put up with those inbred lunatics.  He's already making about $7M/year with incentives.  Cal was making about $8M.  A million per year ain't enough to give up a sweet setup like he has and have to put up with the Big Blue Nitwits. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I seen some think they have a legit shot at Hurley. Stranger things have happened,  but I just don't see it.

They are off their collective rocker if they think that. I've got a better chance of Halle Berry showing up at my door with an overnight bag than they do of luring Hurley from UConn.

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Oats posted on Twitter saying he's staying. 

Maybe having a legit shot at Bobby Hurley.  Dan could stay as long as Calhoun did if he wants now.  His dad is a legitimate legend in the area, he grew up in NJ, played at Seton Hall, and has coached at Wagner, Rhode Island and UConn.  He's a native northeasterner and has 2 decades worth of connections in a fairly fertile recruiting territory.  And now he's got the momentum of back to back national titles. 

Hurley would be out of his mind to leave that only to have to put up with those inbred lunatics.  He's already making about $7M/year with incentives.  Cal was making about $8M.  A million per year ain't enough to give up a sweet setup like he has and have to put up with the Big Blue Nitwits. 

He'll also likely get a raise and an extension based on his recent performance.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He'll also likely get a raise and an extension based on his recent performance.

TBH...no reason he shouldn't be one of the 2-3 highest paid coaches in the country at the moment.  There's only two active coaches with multiple (non-vacated) national titles: Hurley and Bill Self.  Even if you throw in Slick Rick's vacated title at Louisville, that's still only 3. 

10 minutes ago, Tom White said:

They are off their collective rocker if they think that. I've got a better chance of Halle Berry showing up at my door with an overnight bag than they do of luring Hurley from UConn.

The inflated sense of ego that a lot of UK fans have would be about 3-4 new books worth of material for Freud. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I seen some think they have a legit shot at Hurley. Stranger things have happened,  but I just don't see it. I've also heard from down here that Oats has told them no at least twice.

Hurley addressed the opening with a few jokes, telling reporters he doesn't "think that's a concern" when asked about Kentucky. He added they should ask his wife, Andrea, who is also a native of New Jersey.

"Oh my God, Kentucky or anywhere that's going to take her further from New Jersey," he said when asked about her reaction to a potential move. "I mean, we just went to Rhode Island, which I had to drag her to, and then to Connecticut. I got her closer. And now further? I can't afford a divorce right now, too. I just started making money."

Hurley went on to give some insight into what's next for his program: "Now you're thinking in your brain, as I'm looking at the locker room, about the chance to do it three times, like a dynasty in modern times. I mean, that's what I'm thinking about."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

D Hurley, Donovan, Oats, Pitino Sr, Beard

They are out of their collective rabbit-ass minds.  Oats and Hurley already said not just no but hay-ll no.  Pitino's into his second decade of AARP membership.  Donovan has said he doesn't want to deal with the recruiting aspect. 

Beard wouldn't be a halfway bad choice, although he does have some negative PR baggage. 

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

They are out of their collective rabbit-ass minds.  Oats and Hurley already said not just no but hay-ll no.  Pitino's into his second decade of AARP membership.  Donovan has said he doesn't want to deal with the recruiting aspect. 

Beard wouldn't be a halfway bad choice, although he does have some negative PR baggage. 

Their best choice would be Mark Pope. Take that program in a whole different direction than the Calimari drama. Not sure he'd leave BYU, though. 

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Also seen Brad Stevens name in the mix?

Stevens isn't even 50 years old and is the president of ops for one of the most prestigious NBA franchises.  And he's going to quit that gig for the insanity that is Kentucky basketball?

F**k me sideways....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Stevens isn't even 50 years old and is the president of ops for one of the most prestigious NBA franchises.  And he's going to quit that gig for the insanity that is Kentucky basketball?

F**k me sideways....

Yeah I thought that name would get some recognition on this board.😂

Just now, Drroogh said:

Yeah I thought that name would get some recognition on this board.😂

They've got a better chance of getting Mark Few out of Spokane than getting Stevens, and they could throw Fort Knox at Few and he ain't budging. 

37 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I’ve got a bet with a coworker that UK won’t get oats, Hurley or Drew. Also bet him IU will have a better record.