Calipari to Arkansas?

46 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

If IU Basketball has you so jaded that you're embracing troll quotes from Rutger players, rather than laughing at a joke at Calipari's expense, it may be time for you to find a new hobby.

No, I get it. It's just frustrating that teams used to lose a game at AH before it was even played. Now teams come in and rain threes at AH (didn't start with CMW as we all know). There's no intimidation factor anymore. And speaking of the Rutgers punks, look at how Harper Jr, trolled IU during his on-campus visit. That's total disrespect. The whole program needs to look at how to get back to being feared. 

And by the way, it isn't a hobby for me. Unlike some who are fans of IU basketball, I graduated from there, so I have more invested than others. When I was in my 20s, I used to be able to recite stats on the team and players verbatim. Lived and breathed it. Don't tell me I shouldn't care about IU basketball and do something else. 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Working from home today for better eclipse viewing.  No, I'm kind if sorry I'm not in the office to get the pulse of Big Blue Nation.

Send some texts and poke the bears(cats) while you are out of arms reach.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Send some texts and poke the bears(cats) while you are out of arms reach.

It's interesting. Checked out Rupp Rafters. There were some longtime posters who had signed off and were basically done with KY basketball until Cal was gone. They are back this AM and celebrating. 

The overall tone on RR, at least, is relief and excitement, it seems. We'll see how long that lasts based on who they hire. 

• Like 1

When my nephew texted me last night I was like no way....but I think this is good for Cal and Kentucky. It wasn't going to end pretty either being fired or whatever. This way both sides can move along but man the potential domino effects in play are big.

If they hire Billy D it won't be big but if they tag any of the names being floated it could open and close as many as 5-6 jobs. 

10 minutes ago, Inequality said:

My guess is Arkansas will soon have the 2nd best recruiting class. I feel like those recruits committed to the John Calipari path to the NBA and not Kentucky Blue.

How much confidence are they going to have that Calipari’s path to the NBA instantly transfers to Arkansas?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Inequality said:

My guess is Arkansas will soon have the 2nd best recruiting class. I feel like those recruits committed to the John Calipari path to the NBA and not Kentucky Blue.

Kentucky, as a program, lost a major recruiting advantage with the onset of NIL.  Since it's no longer illegal for players to receive money, recruits dont have to take under the table payment to afford that BMW they wanted.

Lord knows no players were going to UK for the girls.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No, I get it. It's just frustrating that teams used to lose a game at AH before it was even played. Now teams come in and rain threes at AH (didn't start with CMW as we all know). There's no intimidation factor anymore. And speaking of the Rutgers punks, look at how Harper Jr, trolled IU during his on-campus visit. That's total disrespect. The whole program needs to look at how to get back to being feared. 

And by the way, it isn't a hobby for me. Unlike some who are fans of IU basketball, I graduated from there, so I have more invested than others. When I was in my 20s, I used to be able to recite stats on the team and players verbatim. Lived and breathed it. Don't tell me I shouldn't care about IU basketball and do something else. 

Heard dat!

46 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It's interesting. Checked out Rupp Rafters. There were some longtime posters who had signed off and were basically done with KY basketball until Cal was gone. They are back this AM and celebrating. 

The overall tone on RR, at least, is relief and excitement, it seems. We'll see how long that lasts based on who they hire. 

Wait until the charges hit UK...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Kentucky, as a program, lost a major recruiting advantage with the onset of NIL.  Since it's no longer illegal for players to receive money, recruits dont have to take under the table payment to afford that BMW they wanted.

Dislike UK with the best of them, but I wouldn't be going after their girls.  Just go to Keeneland this past weekend.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Wait until the charges hit UK...

NCAA is well past charges at this point.  We are in a new era of CBB and Football.  Outside of minor rules stuff, the major stuff is all above board at this point.  NCAA has no teeth. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Spot on. It brought the dirty recruiting a little more above board.  Cal double down on his previously successful recruiting philosophy of focusing on the 1 and done. As someone mentioned in regards to going after Boogie Fland, I'll take an experienced pg over his draft "potential" all day. 

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

How much confidence are they going to have that Calipari’s path to the NBA instantly transfers to Arkansas?

I don't think the school matters to these kids nearly what we would like for it to if at all. Its instant legal NIL now which is being heavily exploited. Combine that with the coach who they think can pull the right strings and they have their destination. As long as Cal is a head coach he will be known as a stepping stone to the NBA.

Sadly, I think top ranked hs kids get caught up in instant riches and worry less about a coaches developmental ability. Not that they always haven't I guess but it seems to be more prevalent now that throwing bags is legal.