Pet Peeves

48 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Toilets that have a water level WAY to close to the seat!

Splish Splash sucks, dipping the toilet paper is just gross and I don't like my "snorkle tube" getting wet on the end.   

Crazy that I came here to make a post about toilets and this was the most recent post...

I will never understand people who take a dump in public restrooms and don't flush. 

• Like 1

Sounds like an extension of the shopping cart rule:

“To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as correct, the appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.”

If character is how we act when no one is watching, then this is a pretty decent test of character. And yeah, people who leave their shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot, instead of returning it to one of the designated areas, are definitely one of my pet peeves.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Sounds like an extension of the shopping cart rule:

“To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as correct, the appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.”

If character is how we act when no one is watching, then this is a pretty decent test of character. And yeah, people who leave their shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot, instead of returning it to one of the designated areas, are definitely one of my pet peeves.

If I'm on my way to return my cart and am passing close enough to one that someone left I will get it too. I can't explain it, just something I have to do. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If I'm on my way to return my cart and am passing close enough to one that someone left I will get it too. I can't explain it, just something I have to do. 

I'll try to grab a cart that someone left stranded in the lot on my way in, and just reuse it. Saves someone a trip to go fetch it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Toilets that have a water level WAY to close to the seat!

Splish Splash sucks, dipping the toilet paper is just gross and I don't like my "snorkle tube" getting wet on the end.   

If we ever happen to be visiting a barrier reef at the same time, I'll need to remember to decline when you offer me your 'snorkle tube'. 

• Haha 2

People who are not ready to move when the light changes.  If I have to sit through a light a second time because someone in front of me is slow to move, well let's just say I get unhappy.  Inappropriate words may or may not be spoken.

Put down the phone.

Look out the window, not who is sitting beside you or in the back seat. 

Pay attention to when the light for the cross street goes yellow. 

Hammer down on the gas petal the nanosecond the light turns green.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

People who are not ready to move when the light changes.  If I have to sit through a light a second time because someone in front of me is slow to move, well let's just say I get unhappy.  Inappropriate words may or may not be spoken.

Put down the phone.

It's almost like they are surprised it happened and don't know how to react. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Put down the phone.

It's worst when you are in the left turn lane.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Put down the phone.

My wife's new car will beep if the car in front of you moves and you're dilly-dallying.  That's where we are at as a society.  🤦‍♂️

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Probably just me, and I shouldn't be such a Grinch during the holiday season, but...

Companies who make ads using a Christmas carol and fitting the words in to describe their products or services. I would think that advertising agencies hire some bright, creative people who can do better than to bastardize Jingle Bells.

Xmas in general is just too much for me. 

I try and play along because my wife loves it. I hate the music, weather, and many other things about Xmas. I am Scrooge. 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Xmas in general is just too much for me. 

I try and play along because my wife loves it. I hate the music, weather, and many other things about Xmas. I am Scrooge. 

I like elements of the Christmas season but I mostly go along with it like you, because the wife loves it. 

The music mostly sucks. I can't stand the commercialization of it. I like some of the movies. Charlie Brown Christmas is the best. 

She loves The Grinch with Jim Carrey. I find that movie intolerable and probably the thing I hate the most about Christmas time is having to sit through it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I like elements of the Christmas season but I mostly go along with it like you, because the wife loves it. 

The music mostly sucks. I can't stand the commercialization of it. I like some of the movies. Charlie Brown Christmas is the best. 

She loves The Grinch with Jim Carrey. I find that movie intolerable and probably the thing I hate the most about Christmas time is having to sit through it. 

yeah, I think the movies are about the worst part. Not a fan of that movie, or basically any of the classics.