Pet Peeves

I’m a pretty big fan of Christmas season. Love the lights, the food, the warm childhood memories. 

Grew up in a household that didn’t have a lot, but my parents went out of their way to make the season fun and memorable for me. 

Love Charlie Brown Xmas - also have the vinyl album from Vince. Love Christmas Vacation and Elf. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Now, dammit... this is not a thread for what we love lol!!! this is a pet peeve thread!!! 

My pet peeve is people who call out others for loving!!!!! ;)

I think my biggest pet peeve, which I’m sure has been discussed at some point is the laziness of those who refuse to return shopping carts to the cart corals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would just like to have Halloween and Thanksgiving again before Christmas starts up. 

Part of the reason for season creep though is our just in time delivery/supply system. Nobody keeps inventory in volume anymore. This year for example, because of supply chain concerns, holiday orders were put in at end of April beginning of May. So when I was a Kohls Christmas started arriving at the end of September.  We put back what we could but middle of October had to start pushing it out the door to make room for Black Friday. 

On 12/12/2022 at 1:09 PM, Lostin76 said:

I’m a pretty big fan of Christmas season. Love the lights, the food, the warm childhood memories. 

Grew up in a household that didn’t have a lot, but my parents went out of their way to make the season fun and memorable for me. 

Love Charlie Brown Xmas - also have the vinyl album from Vince. Love Christmas Vacation and Elf. 

We could be twins.

• Like 1

I am all about Christmas. Love the same movies as mentioned, but also some of the old classics...White Christmas, Christmas Carol (especially  the George C. Scott version). I have even periodically sat with my wife to watch some of the Hallmark Christmas movies. 

We'll keep decorations up through most of January. Love this time of year.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 12:09 PM, Lostin76 said:

Lombardi? ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

We could be twins.

My wife is making sugar cookies right now, I’ll make sure she saves some for you, bro. 

She’s not a huge fan, but knows how much I love Christmas. For several years, she would create fairly elaborate advent calendars that included types of cookies, movies to watch, holiday-related things, and other things she knew I would like. 

I finally told her to stop doing those, b/c it looked like a LOT of work. 

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

When you click on a website and you have to wait for all of the advertisements to load before you see the page! Then as you try reading, the page keeps jumping around as new advertisements load?

And to keep it on topic - yep, I hate this on both ESPN and CBS Sportsline. The way the page jumps once the ads load. They have made it where you have to wait for the stupid ad to load before trying to find the NCAAM scores. Have mistakenly clicked on their stupid gambling or car ads so many times when I’m in a hurry. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I use AdGuard and AdBlock and knock out 95% of the ads.  You can whitelist the few pages that won't load unless you turn off AdBlocks, but usually, if I just stop going to those sites as I can locate the info in other places.

I recently had to remove AdBlock after having it for several years.  It was causing too many performance issues with my browser.

Mismatched socks. Brand and style must match.  An old sock cannot be paired with a new sock even if brand and style are the same. If they are stretched out and left and right can be differentiated they go on the proper foot. If there is a hole where the big toe is it becomes exclusively whatever the opposite foot is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Mismatched socks. Brand and style must match.  An old sock cannot be paired with a new sock even if brand and style are the same. If they are stretched out and left and right can be differentiated they go on the proper foot. If there is a hole where the big toe is it becomes exclusively whatever the opposite foot is. 

How much of your life goes into inspecting your coworkers socks?
Love you brother!

Edited by Drroogh

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I think we're related...

I will not buy just plain old black socks... They have to have an identifiable logo on them... Nothing fancy... Just so I can easily identify the married couples 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Little hack I do. I have a bunch of large safety pins. When I take off my socks, they get pinned together for the wash. Always stay together, never match another pair of socks again and you never loose ONE sock to the dryer monster! 

You will thank me later.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Are you also one who must match brands?  Like if you have Adidas socks you can't wear Under Armor shorts?  I know a guy who is super-anal about that.  It makes me no difference.