Pet Peeves

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As long as they are both navy blue, or black, or white, I frankly do not care if socks were bought 'together'.  He;;, buy a six-pack and they are all from the same family anyway.  

You live near Kentucky, don't you? 😁

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Are you also one who must match brands?  Like if you have Adidas socks you can't wear Under Armor shorts?  I know a guy who is super-anal about that.  It makes me no difference.

Nah, I dont worry about brands.  Most all my clothes are plain colors primarily shades of blue, green, gray/charcoal, and black.  I dont like stuff with logos or screen print.  If there is a logo its going to be small as I can find.  Im not a billboard, give me a free shirt though and I might advertise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2022 at 11:27 AM, Drroogh said:

When you click on a website and you have to wait for all of the advertisements to load before you see the page! Then as you try reading, the page keeps jumping around as new advertisements load?

Get ad blocker plus as an extension for your browser, as well as privacy badger. Should eliminate 99% of ads. I haven't seen one on any site, including You Tube for years.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DWB said:

Get ad blocker plus as an extension for your browser, as well as privacy badger. Should eliminate 99% of ads. I haven't seen one on any site, including You Tube for years.

You don’t then get those messages about turning off your ad blocking? Those annoy me as well! Seriously considering going commando without 3rd party security as the constant messaging and advertising from Norton has come to my end!

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

You don’t then get those messages about turning off your ad blocking? Those annoy me as well! Seriously considering going commando without 3rd party security as the constant messaging and advertising from Norton has come to my end!

I just get my info from other sites if they don’t allow the Adblock software. Either that, or you can whitelist the site in your Adblock extension/software. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the holiday travel upon us, and the weather turning nasty in many areas, don't be the guy that:

-Doesn't use their turn signal, or conversely leaves their turn signal on thus confusing other drivers

-Turns right on red to "beat the oncoming traffic" then promptly slows down

-Cruises in the interstate passing lane at 65-70 mph

-Thinks that because they have a 4 x 4, they can still drive 80 mph in the snow.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 10:12 AM, mrflynn03 said:

Nah, I dont worry about brands.  Most all my clothes are plain colors primarily shades of blue, green, gray/charcoal, and black.  I dont like stuff with logos or screen print.  If there is a logo its going to be small as I can find.  Im not a billboard, give me a free shirt though and I might advertise.

This is me as well. I hate logos on my clothing. My wife always says, “Oh, all primary colors again today.” Usually olive drab, navy blue, or grey. I also cover up the logos on my camera, backpack, etc. I don’t want my Sony camera screaming Sony from four different logos. 

For my non-Apple watch watch, I ordered the version with no logo. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Utility companies that have a moving target for a payment due date.  The due date for our gas bill fluctuates being due between the 1st and the 6th of the month.  By far, the most common due date is the 3rd.  Normally, I try to pay attention to see if it is due the 1st or 2nd, and if not, I always pay it online on the 3rd.

This month, because of the holidays, I had not bothered checking to see when it was due, so I decided to be proactive and pay it today (the 2nd) while I'm on the coauh watching football.  So, you can imagine I'm really pissed to login and see it was due on the 1st.  First off, that is a Sunday.  Their payment processors are not working that day. Secondly, 1/1 is a fricking national holiday.  If the 1st is not my normal due date, what in the hell is the gas company trying to prove by making it due on that date.  when last month it was the 3rd and the month before that it was the 4th.  

I have no issues with having a payment due on a weekend/holiday if that due date is consistently my payment date.  My mortgage is due on the 1st.  No issues with tha because IT NEVER CHANGES .  I know that and factor that in when paying bills. 95% of the bills I pay have the same due date every month.  For whatever reason, my gas company doesn't, and it leads to crap like this.     

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, Drroogh said:

Most of the time there is a very small link beside the disable button, "to continue anyway" or something of the sort.

On 12/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, Drroogh said:

Most of the time there is a very small link beside the disable button, "to continue anyway" or something of the sort.

On 12/21/2022 at 8:21 AM, Steubenhoosier said:

With the holiday travel upon us, and the weather turning nasty in many areas, don't be the guy that:

-Doesn't use their turn signal, or conversely leaves their turn signal on thus confusing other drivers

-Burns rubber to Turn right on red to "beat the oncoming traffic" then promptly slows down

-Cruises in the interstate passing lane at 65-70 mph while on their F**king phone!

-Thinks that because they have a 4 x 4, they can still drive 80 mph in the snow.

A small amendment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Parents who allow their kids to watch tablets/phones during dinners in restaurants (or anywhere) without headphones. Adults do this too on occasion but I’ve witnessed it more with kids. Have some self awareness and respect for those who are enjoying their meals and don’t want to hear your anime or YouTube video. 

We limit screen time big time,  like my 4 year has no clue what the most famous of characters are besides paw patrol.  

Now I will say, parents call this survival.  Sometimes,  you need 5 more minutes for the check the show up and get the heck up out of there.  

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Parents who allow their kids to watch tablets/phones during dinners in restaurants (or anywhere) without headphones. Adults do this too on occasion but I’ve witnessed it more with kids. Have some self awareness and respect for those who are enjoying their meals and don’t want to hear your anime or YouTube video. 

I would like to second this and add the following:

People who watch tablets/phones on the subway without headphones. 

And your last comment is perfect: “Have some self awareness and respect for those who are enjoying their meals (or commute) and don’t want to hear your anime or YouTube video.”

I’m usually reading a book on the subway, but that can be hard to do when the a$&hole next to you is playing Candy Crush with the volume on high or watching a show with a loud laugh track. I end up having to pull out my Airpods to put them in just to somewhat block their sounds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

We limit screen time big time,  like my 4 year has no clue what the most famous of characters are besides paw patrol.  

Now I will say, parents call this survival.  Sometimes,  you need 5 more minutes for the check the show up and get the heck up out of there.  

22 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

And your last comment is perfect: “Have some self awareness and respect for those who are enjoying their meals (or commute) and don’t want to hear your anime or YouTube video.”

I’m usually reading a book on the subway, but that can be hard to do when the a$&hole next to you is playing Candy Crush with the volume on high or watching a show with a loud laugh track. I end up having to pull out my Airpods to put them in just to somewhat block their sounds. 

It's shocking to me that people don't understand that... Have we, as a society, become that ignorant or numb to the feelings of others? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's shocking to me that people don't understand that... Have we, as a society, become that ignorant or numb to the feelings of others? 

Unfortunately, yeah I think we have. It’s funny, when I first moved here I was shocked at how considerate people were of each other in most cases. Then realized it was b/c of the close proximity. People tended to respect others, b/c we had no choice but to interact or impact each other. 

But it seems like the last few years, people just can’t keep their cell phone sounds to themselves. Or worse, they know they can, but don’t think it’s necessary to do so. 

That’s insane for me to consider. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Only if you use pronouns, or use free speech. Then they go ballistic

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I have kids and completely understand.  My point is more around the lack of headphones and self awareness than the general use of the tablet.

16 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Unfortunately, yeah I think we have. It’s funny, when I first moved here I was shocked at how considerate people were of each other in most cases. Then realized it was b/c of the close proximity. People tended to respect others, b/c we had no choice but to interact or impact each other. 

But it seems like the last few years, people just can’t keep their cell phone sounds to themselves. Or worse, they know they can, but don’t think it’s necessary to do so. 

That’s insane for me to consider. 

Being a firefighter/emt, I hate to report that we have a greatly declining society.   Of course I'm jaded because I see first hand on a daily basis the sick nature of our people.  I also see how stupid people are.  Like, you don't call 911 for a headache.   Or if you are at the hotel across the street from the hospital and are well enough to walk down the hall to the elevator,  you can get to the er much faster by walking your butt to your car and take yourself.  But then again if they can do all that, you already figured out they don't need to go to the er.  

2 shifts ago we sat on seen with a guy having a possible heart attack waiting on an ambulance for over 25 minutes.   Partly because of staffing issues but mostly because our society treats the ambulance like a personal taxi.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Being a firefighter/emt, I hate to report that we have a greatly declining society.   Of course I'm jaded because I see first hand on a daily basis the sick nature of our people.  I also see how stupid people are.  Like, you don't call 911 for a headache.   Or if you are at the hotel across the street from the hospital and are well enough to walk down the hall to the elevator,  you can get to the er much faster by walking your butt to your car and take yourself.  But then again if they can do all that, you already figured out they don't need to go to the er.  

2 shifts ago we sat on seen with a guy having a possible heart attack waiting on an ambulance for over 25 minutes.   Partly because of staffing issues but mostly because our society treats the ambulance like a personal taxi.  

Not surprised by this, but it is really sad. 

On 1/2/2023 at 4:39 PM, Lostin76 said:

Along with the lack of respect for people in not using earbuds, just yesterday coming out of the grocery store. That zone in front where traffic is supposed to stop for pedestrians. A woman stopped right in the middle to stare at her phone. Oblivious to the truck that tooted the horn. I’m not sure she completely understood what she was doing when another woman rolled down her window and started yelling at the top of her lungs!

• Sad 1

On 1/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, NotIThatLives said:

Building on this, a guy I let stay in my spare bedroom for three years used ER as his primary care. I know how many phone calls I received from debt collectors during and after he moved out, he never paid a cent of his hospital bills.

• Sad 1