Weather events

Reacher

21 hours ago, DWB said:

Went to Walmart today (stupid I know, but the wife "had to have" a battery). Had 4 self service lanes open, with a line 20 deep. Had 32 regular check out aisles, and only 3 were staffed 3 days before Christmas. No parking spaces left. Assholes to elbows with people and they have 3 cashiers. Most people using the self checkouts need a brain transplant.

And they complain that shoplifting is up when all evidence is pointing to it happening either on purpose or not in the self check out lines.  

On 12/22/2022 at 8:27 PM, DWB said:

Went to Walmart today (stupid I know, but the wife "had to have" a battery). Had 4 self service lanes open, with a line 20 deep. Had 32 regular check out aisles, and only 3 were staffed 3 days before Christmas. No parking spaces left. Assholes to elbows with people and they have 3 cashiers. Most people using the self checkouts need a brain transplant.

I would like to see the people of wal mart try to navigate a Kroger self checkout. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Man these floods in Santa Barbara and Montecito. My aunt/uncle/cousins all live there. A creek basically across the street from their home that never has water in it ever looks like the Wabash. To any of our brethren that is out there or lives there....be safe.

Yeah, those pictures and videos are not good. Really feel for all the people and the animals in the path of these floods. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Man these floods in Santa Barbara and Montecito. My aunt/uncle/cousins all live there. A creek basically across the street from their home that never has water in it ever looks like the Wabash. To any of our brethren that is out there or lives there....be safe.

https://weather.com/safety/floods/video/ellen-degeneres-posts-next-to-rushing-water-in-her-montecito-backyard

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Reacher said:

Yeah, lot of rain yesterday... The building I work in is leaking like a sieve...

Yesterday afternoon, all my runoff ditches were full, but today they're just damp...

Tornado down in Pasadena near where Gilley's (Urban Cowboy) use to be... But none up north of Houston... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e242e9bf4bd247619641b6311adf317.jpeg

Here’s my ice covered Japanese Maple tonight. Fortunately, the roads have been warm enough that they aren’t slick. Major concerns over downed branches taking out power lines 

Cool pic! I have a Japanese Maple in my backyard. When I woke up this morning all my trees were coated in ice. 

• Like 3

On 12/23/2022 at 5:52 PM, NotIThatLives said:

And they complain that shoplifting is up when all evidence is pointing to it happening either on purpose or not in the self check out lines.  

Probably because they moved all the cashiers to shopping for groceries for all the lazy asshats who just want to pick them up. I swear every aisle is blocked by employees pushing giant carts with blue totes stacked to the ceiling.

I mean ive been reading about RFID for like 20 years at least and it still hasn’t been figured out how to be implemented. I should be able to load my cart with items with these barcodes, push it past a checkout sensor and tap my card to pay and continue walking right out. Why are checkout lines still a thing in 2023?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Probably because they moved all the cashiers to shopping for groceries for all the lazy asshats who just want to pick them up. I swear every aisle is blocked by employees pushing giant carts with blue totes stacked to the ceiling.

I mean ive been reading about RFID for like 20 years at least and it still hasn’t been figured out how to be implemented. I should be able to load my cart with items with these barcodes, push it past a checkout sensor and tap my card to pay and continue walking right out. Why are checkout lines still a thing in 2023?

I don't know if it is that way everywhere now but the Kroger's I shop at has anti-theft tech installed on the shopping carts and apparently the wheels lock up if the sensors detect something was not scanned? Because I've had it happen at least 3 times after doing a self-checkout and no I'm not shoplifting lol. And they just wave the magic wand and I'm on my way. The whole experience is quite frustrating at times. 

Edited by bronkonagurski
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e242e9bf4bd247619641b6311adf317.jpeg

Here’s my ice covered Japanese Maple tonight. Fortunately, the roads have been warm enough that they aren’t slick. Major concerns over downed branches taking out power lines 

Last night around 8:30 I noticed emergency vehicles about a block away, this morning I’m realizing Main St is shut down. Going to have to walk over and see what’s up. Guessing power lines down,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Might be why Main Street is closed?

4CA6D781-0F0C-4314-940F-80B82E1B3315.thumb.jpeg.94bd5cac7129dae1fc113ee3a11b69f4.jpeg

So, still no crew to clean this up. I guess when there are thousands without power opening Main Street is not a priority. Still there has been an action news film crew from Toledo and the traffic being routed right in front of my window is now backed up to the blocked intersection from the stop light a half mile south??

Edit: Camera crew is back again. Going to have to watch the news at noon today!

Edit 2: just watched the reporter across the street while watching her on TV as she was giving a Live update.

Edited by Drroogh