Arkansas post game

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What are the odds that Durham isn't running steps literally right now?  Hopefully to the point a trash can is nearby.

What a selfish act that cannot be tolerated. 

Probably not good because I doubt that coaches are aloud to do this kind of punishment any longer

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Actually yeah. Granted Bennett was in his 5th year of coaching. 

Archie is in his 9th and his successor at Dayton is doing so well that miss his about as much as Marquette missed Crean. 

IDFtDbd.gif

They're both sons of long time coaches, played college ball and spent multiple seasons as assistants. They've been around coaching their entire lives. 5th vs 9th years has nothing to do with anything.

And Anthony Wright having a good year at Dayton has as much to do with Archie as Creans season in Georgia does.

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

IDFtDbd.gif

They're both sons of long time coaches, played college ball and spent multiple seasons as assistants. They've been around coaching their entire lives. 5th vs 9th years has nothing to do with anything.

And Anthony Wright having a good year at Dayton has as much to do with Archie as Creans season in Georgia does.

If how many years as a coach doesn’t matter then how come Archie’s supporters keep saying he’s a young coach?  

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What are the odds that Durham isn't running steps literally right now?  Hopefully to the point a trash can is nearby.

What a selfish act that cannot be tolerated. 

I’m curious as to what made him do such a bonehead thing. It seems very out of character for him. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I’ve seen this episode before. And even if I hadn’t it about as predictable as NCIS

That is your problem if you can't see that every situation is different.  So if you get a divorce and then get remarried are you already thinking when to divorce this wife.

Just now, IUskim said:

I’m curious as to what made him do such a bonehead thing. It seems very out of character for him. 

I heard (maybe a post here from someone at the game) that the Arkansas guys were running their mouths and got under his skin past his breaking point.  It doesn't excuse it, obviously.  We have all been there in one form or another but it doesn't make it right.  That was costly, maybe even cost them the game.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I bet TJD will not be a one and done player so I see him being back next year.

I hope your right. At this point I agree with you but if he blows up, has good games against name opponents and does something along the lines of being the BT freshman of the year he might be gone. Really glad we landed him and hope he stays.

The balance of the season will probably be more difficult for him. After the second halves of the ND and Arkansas games I have a feeling teams are going to come out  fronting/doubling him, pack the middle etc.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I heard (maybe a post here from someone at the game) that the Arkansas guys were running their mouths and got under his skin past his breaking point.  It doesn't excuse it, obviously.  We have all been there in one form or another but it doesn't make it right.  That was costly, maybe even cost them the game.

Completely agree it should not have happened. Also agree we have all been there it seems like all the Arkansas players were talking the whole game. 

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It was costly and I agree with the refs decision. It would have been different if he threw his elbow parallel to the ground (I.e. elbowing someone in the chest/stomach) but Al definitely threw it at an angle up towards the head. Overall Al seems like a good, level headed guy and I highly doubt we will see that again.

Archived