Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

It's very possible that Indiana's offseason this year has similar turnover as what Crean faced his first year.

That is not a job for Dusty May.  A massive rebuild at a school with the expectations of Indiana is too big of a bite for him.  

And, I'm sorry, but no one will ever convince me it would be okay to hire Chris Beard.  Charged or not, you just can't have that incident in your history and be the face of a University.

A rebuild involving massive roster turnover would be in Pearl's wheelhouse.  I'm not totally warm and fuzzy with some things he's done, but they aren't factors that should totally eliminate him.

IU cannot afford a miss (if a change is made).  If there is someone out there with the salesmanship and coaching skills of Pearl, without some of the grey area stuff, that could rebuild the roster immediately and win, let's get him.  If not, then Pearl would be my choice.  He obviously respects Indiana basketball, has a great passion for what he does, is a proven winner, and could quickly turn things around. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Woody and assistants not out watching any of the recruiting targets tonight should be fireable offense. Meanwhile Painter and Iowa are watching

That might be pretty telling. Do we know for sure they weren't recruiting?

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Pearl would kill it here.  Think Tom Crean's enthusiasm and work ethic combined with Sampson's coaching ability and fun personality.

You know that friend that always went the cheap route even though you tried to explain that in the end it was going to cost them more money and issues so just bite the bullet and get the right one to start with.

If Pearl wanted to come here 20 years ago, IU was that friend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guarantee that is where he is getting it from. Go to BTB and they are discussing it like it is a forgone conclusion 

To be clear-- I believe Trilly heard all that. I just hope there is an outside source, as well. 

Now--- DBM never posts anything positive, and never goes out of his way to make a claim like "Pearl to IU" or whatever he said either, so---- I'm intrigued. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

Even if Woodson knows he's done, I would still expect to see assistants out there, continuing to grow and build relationships on the trail. That's how you get hired for your next job. 

agreed, but i would think he would do it because he cares about his alma mater.  i would assume he would not be seeking another job.  seems he is best suited for retirement.