Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Dang, our boy @BGleas was in meltdown mode.  Lol

Those things are so fun to go back and read.

Another good read.....

old game threads. Especially games where we sucked the 1st half, but turned it around to win the game.

The "fire the entire university" to "We are freaking awesome" pendulum all in about an hour.  😂

It's certainly more fun to go back and read this one than all the early optimism in the Archie Miller threads. 

No matter how this era ends up, watching Indiana play basketball is fun again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just giving you a hard time. Lol

And yes, I read through several pages. One of the unfortunate aspects of this forum is that when you quote someone in a post, you can't automatically return to where you left off. I didn't pay attention, so I have no idea how far I was into the thread when I found your post.

Yeah, I came to the end of this thread thinking we'd all be making fun of @BGleas for his early meltdown on the hire (thanks for picking me up @bluegrassIU).  Imagine my surprise seeing my quote listed first...😂

...but yes...for the record my response wasn't anti-Woodson at all...just hopeful he'd work out.  Fair to say I regret the Howard comparison considering how he's fared since Woody's hire.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Haha 2

On 3/28/2021 at 3:27 PM, BGleas said:

bethenny frankel real housewives of nyc GIF

On 3/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, BGleas said:

I'm trying to talk myself into being remotely excited about this, but it just isn't happening. 

On 3/28/2021 at 3:54 PM, BGleas said:

Then why hasn't another franchise hired him in 6 years? Because he's uninspiring to even NBA franchises. You couldn't sell a Woodson head coaching hire to an NBA fanbase in 2021. He's got zero college coaching or recruiting experience and it just seems flat lazy. Seems to me they swung for Stevens and then went right to Woodson, without ever even trying for Beard, Muss, Oats, etc. 

This could definitely work out, but we absolutely lost the press conference. The good news is winning games is more important than winning press conferences. 

March 28th, 2021...a day that will live in infamy!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

It's certainly more fun to go back and read this one than all the early optimism in the Archie Miller threads. 

No matter how this era ends up, watching Indiana play basketball is fun again.

Just discussing Indiana Basketball is fun again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So once again, Jeff Goodman questions our coach...

“Sometimes I think Mike Woodson is still coaching like he’s back in the ’80s or ’90s instead of moving forward with the way basketball has adapted here,” Goodman said.  “He’s not adapting with the game.”

😮

That may go down as the most ignominious statement Goodman has made...Of course, it might have a ways to go to supplant "Sorry, Indiana: Mike Woodson Is No Juwan Howard"

No, he's most certainly not...Woody is 3-1 head to head against Howard...2-0 last year when Michigan had 2 of the top 15 picks in the NBA draft and a concensus All-American playing for him, and our coach was dealing with a boatload of injuries ...His team finished just behind Howard's Wolverines in 2022, and ahead of them last year...On the recruiting front (which was Goodman's biggest concern) 

image.png.c20715f729829c973eeeb037e786a9e3.png

Sorry it's so small...Had to shrink it to get Michigan in there... :D 

Also, Woody hasn't lost a concensus All American and 3 time All Big 10 selection...

Oh, and he's yet to slap anybody in handshake line :) 

So, get ready Mr Goodman 

Shaun the sheep egg on your face GIF - Find on GIFER

(Actually kinda looks like him :) )

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So once again, Jeff Goodman questions our coach...

“Sometimes I think Mike Woodson is still coaching like he’s back in the ’80s or ’90s instead of moving forward with the way basketball has adapted here,” Goodman said.  “He’s not adapting with the game.”

😮

That may go down as the most ignominious statement Goodman has made...Of course, it might have a ways to go to supplant "Sorry, Indiana: Mike Woodson Is No Juwan Howard"

No, he's most certainly not...Woody is 3-1 head to head against Howard...2-0 last year when Michigan had 2 of the top 15 picks in the NBA draft and a concensus All-American playing for him, and our coach was dealing with a boatload of injuries ...His team finished just behind Howard's Wolverines in 2022, and ahead of them last year...On the recruiting front (which was Goodman's biggest concern) 

image.png.c20715f729829c973eeeb037e786a9e3.png

Sorry it's so small...Had to shrink it to get Michigan in there... :D 

Also, Woody hasn't lost a concensus All American and 3 time All Big 10 selection...

Oh, and he's yet to slap anybody in handshake line :) 

So, get ready Mr Goodman 

Shaun the sheep egg on your face GIF - Find on GIFER

(Actually kinda looks like him :) )

I don't know why this is just co.ing out because I heard that statement from Goodman about 2 months ago. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know why this is just co.ing out because I heard that statement from Goodman about 2 months ago. 

This was from 2 days ago...

and @The Daily Hoosier's article was from today...

Goodman may have said it before, but apparently you're the only one listening to him                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ..................................................................................................................................................

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This was from 2 days ago...

and @The Daily Hoosier's article was from today...

Goodman may have said it before, but apparently you're the only one listening to him                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ..................................................................................................................................................

Thank you!