'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

8 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Calimari was just recorded stating that any team that passes too quickly, dribbles around his player, plays too well on defense or shoots the ball too well, Kentucky will never play them again. 

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/game-thread-arkansas-vs-kentucky.386055/page-36

This is a fun read.  InDiAnA fAnS aRe ThE wOrSt....Nah, we were completely normal for fans throughout the past 20 years.  Probably more forgiving than any other fan base following a team with multiple titles would have been.

Enjoy the car wreck, just don't strain your neck too bad when you drive by.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/game-thread-arkansas-vs-kentucky.386055/page-36

This is a fun read.  InDiAnA fAnS aRe ThE wOrSt....Nah, we were completely normal for fans throughout the past 20 years.  Probably more forgiving than any other fan base following a team with multiple titles would have been.

Some of them are pretty funny though... I enjoyed this one...

y5tzEhP.png.dc5df6216455d26148c8e23e4c7d6813.png

😂😂😂

• Haha 4

Just now, IUFLA said:

Some of them are pretty funny though... I enjoyed this one...

y5tzEhP.png.dc5df6216455d26148c8e23e4c7d6813.png

😂😂😂

Yeah, someone made the comment that they were turning into Indiana and got the reply that we just beat two ranked teams in a row....

I think we should have done better over the past 20 years.  I was extremely unhappy with our play for a run of 5 or 6 games this year.  We seem to be turning the corner.  I have never been that impressed with Calipari from an X and O standpoint, he always seemed kind of like a get all the Jimmy's and Joe's and roll the ball out there kind of guy.  All that being said, we have a whole bunch of experience on the coaching carousel the past 2 decades and I don't believe there are really anymore "Sure things" on that front.

I guess all that is to say that I think if those UK fans get what they want, they aren't going to be the dominant team they were used to in the past.  The SEC is better than it was when it was them and a bunch of football schools.  That makes it harder.  Everyone can legally play the shoe game through NIL now.  That makes it harder.  I just don't see any dominant coaches that are just waiting to run to UK.  They will have to do a crap shoot and the crap shoots usually lead to a bunch more 20-10 type of seasons than they do 25-5.  Duke and UNC are finding that out right now....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I was wondering how the folks in the Bluegrass would be handling things. Wow. I read one of the kids made a comment saying he will have graduated from UK and not seeing one NCAA tournament win. Covid year or not....let that one sink in given the volume of 5 stars they have. I'll say it again as I did earlier in this thread. Kentucky thought they were getting Saban and in the last 4 years all they have is Jimbo Fisher.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Why wouldn’t they?

Why would they? Kellen Sampson has never held a head coaching job in his life. You think he'd be a plum pick for a Big 12 job?

And his Dad left Oklahoma for IU with the NCAA in hot pursuit... I'd imagine there are people still at OU that remember...