'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

On 1/31/2023 at 5:34 PM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Sometimes, just laugh with the joke. It's a time honored quote.

Listening to sports radio and the guys were talking about the coaching hires and teams not getting their first pick…and they said the coaches shouldn’t be upset they weren’t first choice…after all…do you think you were your wife’s first choice to marry…unlikely…most people settle but it doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Point is she’s married to me…so I don’t care if I wasn’t the first option..I’m the only option now and I’m benefiting lol.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thankfully this stuff happens. I’m a beneficiary of it myself. Man…I tell ya…maybe money for him…in my instance all I can say is 🙏 to God lol. Prayed for a beautiful wife and my wife prayed for a good guy….God answered both our prayers lol…that’s why you have to be careful what you pray for because you can get stuck with a beautiful crazy woman or with a good but ugly man lol. In the end we are both very happy and God knew what he was doing. But let’s be honest…if most of us looked at our wedding pictures we all would think the same thing about what the heck was she thinking when she said yes. They are called the fairer sex for a reason. 

I told my wife early on that all women are crazy during a conversation.  She got mad at first but then I was able to explain. I said, all women are crazy but each one in a different way. A man has to decide what kind of crazy he can deal with. I asked what she would do if I left for whatever reason. She said she would hunt me down and find me until I took her back. I said OK, you're a stalker, and I had figured that and could deal with it. 

She asked how I could deal with that and I said I'm a one woman man no way in hell I go through this again. Of course I had a prepared answer when she said, why you don't like being married?  I said it's great I just couldn't ever replace you.

Which is true. It's also true that dating sucks and no way in hell I go through that again. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I told my wife early on that all women are crazy during a conversation.  She got mad at first but then I was able to explain. I said, all women are crazy but each one in a different way. A man has to decide what kind of crazy he can deal with. I asked what she would do if I left for whatever reason. She said she would hunt me down and find me until I took her back. I said OK, you're a stalker, and I had figured that and could deal with it. 

She asked how I could deal with that and I said I'm a one woman man no way in hell I go through this again. Of course I had a prepared answer when she said, why you don't like being married?  I said it's great I just couldn't ever replace you.

Which is true. It's also true that dating sucks and no way in hell I go through that again. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c15e3842dda814d488e0c88fe8155f43.jpeg

• Haha 3

Didn't want to put this in pregame thread but I guess it applies there too. Auburn/Tennessee at 2pm just before our game. I have no clue why ESPN on their biggest day of college hoops each year (no football competition) can't just do 2 hr 15 minute windows or even 2 hr 30 minutes for each game? I'm looking at the other options for ESPN and no overflow channels available. Just hope Auburn/Tennessee is a clean no foul game.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't want to put this in pregame thread but I guess it applies there too. Auburn/Tennessee at 2pm just before our game. I have no clue why ESPN on their biggest day of college hoops each year (no football competition) can't just do 2 hr 15 minute windows or even 2 hr 30 minutes for each game? I'm looking at the other options for ESPN and no overflow channels available. Just hope Auburn/Tennessee is a clean no foul game.

Vols are super physical on D 😳

No Game Day 🤬

Dicky V 🤢

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That’s what FS1 does and it seems to work well for them 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

If Auburn/Tennessee go over (and you can count on it) you can watch the start of the IU game on the ESPN App or on ESPN.com. 

• Like 1

I jokingly made a comment after Alabama got smoked earlier this week to "fire Oats!" Instead, they gave him a massive 6 year contract upgrade.

The knuckleheads that claim to be IU fans yet call for a program overhaul could take a lesson.  What Bama has done is set the tone for the program for the foreseeable future. No worries for recruits that their coach might be on the way out. No second guessing the administration. They have their ideal of what the program should look like, and took action.

Got it that CMW is an older coach. Got it that we haven't had the recent success that Oats' teams have. Still believe that we have the right guy leading the way, and he shouldn't have to put up with the distractions of the hand wringers, pitchfork carriers, and dooms dayers.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I jokingly made a comment after Alabama got smoked earlier this week to "fire Oats!" Instead, they gave him a massive 6 year contract upgrade.

The knuckleheads that claim to be IU fans yet call for a program overhaul could take a lesson.  What Bama has done is set the tone for the program for the foreseeable future. No worries for recruits that their coach might be on the way out. No second guessing the administration. They have their ideal of what the program should look like, and took action.

Got it that CMW is an older coach. Got it that we haven't had the recent success that Oats' teams have. Still believe that we have the right guy leading the way, and he shouldn't have to put up with the distractions of the hand wringers, pitchfork carriers, and dooms dayers.

We finally got an Indiana guy with and RMK connection barely past the midpoint of his second season. Still people complain. There is no pleasing a certain segment of this fan base. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

They usually put the game on ESPN News if the previous game goes over

53 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Look at the situation in Columbus.  Holtmann has done nothing but win since he arrived.  Buckeye fans wanted him gone yesterday.