'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Could this be one of those Upside-Down years where the Big Ten actually (miraculously?) does well in the tournament and the Big 12 doesn't? One of those inverse situations...

Hell, there have been so many instances of the BT having tons of top 25 teams that flame out come March. Would be a fun twist. 

You forgot #1 Purdon’t underperforming again!

If you’re looking for a game to watch before IU, Archie Miller’s Rhode Island team hosts Dayton tonight at 7:00.  Looks like it’s going to be on the CBS Sports Network.  Probably not as interesting as when Archie returns to Dayton, but still maybe worth a look.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

If you’re looking for a game to watch before IU, Archie Miller’s Rhode Island team hosts Dayton tonight at 7:00.  Looks like it’s going to be on the CBS Sports Network.  Probably not as interesting as when Archie returns to Dayton, but still maybe worth a look.

Unless you really hate yourself, I'd recommend Xavier at UConn on FS1 at 6:30 instead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 94hoosier said:

It was a flagrant foul. He lead with his elbow out and up. So was the one that JHS. Elbow went up and out. Those are the type of plays that the powers to be want out of the game. 

image.jpeg.fac547c7dd5ee981bed4c7a54cb3940f.jpegElbow was in a natural shooting spot.  Davis was hand checking a bit 

He does run him over 

very tough call either way 

Edited by Purdue7
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a blocking foul on the defender to me. No flagrant in my book. I know it’s a new emphasis that doesn’t appear to be going anywhere, but I’m sick and tired of sissy flagrant fouls being called left and right. Were tons of guys getting injured (I obviously didn’t notice) or something due to elbows or hard fouls in the past? In line with other things in …. NM. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I’m thrilled Jerome Hunter is having a successful season on a successful team. Development got stopped when he had those leg clots. CAM May have never developed him anyway, but good for him 

I was shocked to see he's pretty much dropped the 3 point shot from his game... Only 3 attempts all year...

Double figures in 5 of his last 8 games... Good for Jerome... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I was shocked to see he's pretty much dropped the 3 point shot from his game... Only 3 attempts all year...

Double figures in 5 of his last 8 games... Good for Jerome... 

That's what a good coach does. He assesses a player's game and finds ways for them to be successful by playing to their strengths and avoiding their weaknesses. Sean is obviously a much better coach than Archie. He saw that Hunter wasn't a good 3-point shooter in college and gave him another way to be effective. Archie just let him or told him to keep jacking.

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

Just read that Billy Packer passed away yesterday. He retired from broadcasting 15 years ago, that makes me feel old. I'll always remember him exclaiming 'Nobody stopped the clock! Nobody stopped the clock' after Keith Smart hit the game winning shot against Syracuse in 1987.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/legendary-college-basketball-analyst-billy-packer-who-called-34-final-fours-dies-at-82/

4 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Just read that Billy Packer passed away yesterday. He retired from broadcasting 15 years ago, that makes me feel old. I'll always remember him exclaiming 'Nobody stopped the clock! Nobody stopped the clock' after Keith Smart hit the game winning shot against Syracuse in 1987.

When I saw that this morning, that call was my first thought as well.