'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

10 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

OMFG, if I was Syracuse. I would be going to jail over this F1 against NC, and then the BS inbounds foul.

What naked pictures do NC have against EVERYONE?  

Yeah that was pretty tough on the flagrant call.

Kinda crazy to me that's a flagrant, but when JHS got hit by an off arm that was above the ball handlers shoulders recently it was a foul on JHS...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Kinda crazy to me that's a flagrant, but when JHS got hit by an off arm that was above the ball handlers shoulders recently it was a foul on JHS...

That was one of about 6 different calls that I was thinking of, that went the total other way. There IS NOTHING that the machine will not do for NC.

I HATE Syracuse, but that was a total hose job.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It was a flagrant foul. He lead with his elbow out and up. So was the one that JHS. Elbow went up and out. Those are the type of plays that the powers to be want out of the game. 

59 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

It was a flagrant foul. He lead with his elbow out and up. So was the one that JHS. Elbow went up and out. Those are the type of plays that the powers to be want out of the game. 

Agree to disagree.

There was nothing about stepping through that wasn’t a basketball play, nor was there any movement that was unnecessary or excessive. It was just an unfortunate play. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree to disagree.

There was nothing about stepping through that wasn’t a basketball play, nor was there any movement that was unnecessary or excessive. It was just an unfortunate play. 

You're just saying it shouldn't be a flagrant, right, or are you also disagreeing that it was an offensive foul?

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You're just saying it shouldn't be a flagrant, right, or are you also disagreeing that it was an offensive foul?

I'm saying I don't think it should have been a flagrant, but yes it was absolutely an offensive foul.

Basically when I look at the rules, and how I have seen games called this year, I didn't see him doing anything excessive or non-basketball on that play that makes me think it was an F1. He made a hard drive and tried to euro across Davis to get to the left side of the basket - we see this type of play multiple times per game. 

When I compare it to the JHS play, which I thought should have been an F1, that was the off arm elbow and it was raised above the ball handlers own shoulders own shoulder height. To me, that is unnecessary and not a natural baseball play. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm saying I don't think it should have been a flagrant, but yes it was absolutely an offensive foul.

Basically when I look at the rules, and how I have seen games called this year, I didn't see him doing anything excessive or non-basketball on that play that makes me think it was an F1. He made a hard drive and tried to euro across Davis to get to the left side of the basket - we see this type of play multiple times per game. 

When I compare it to the JHS play, which I thought should have been an F1, that was the off arm elbow and it was raised above the ball handlers own shoulders own shoulder height. To me, that is unnecessary and not a natural baseball play. 

Baseball?  I told ya to water down your scotch.  LOL

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree! Definitely a charge, but yeah the move itself was a normal move that happens all of the time.