'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I'd fire him just for saying he can do whatever he wants. 

His donor doesn't give anyone money?  Riiiiight.

They guy is 78. Hang it up already. 

It’ll be interesting to see how the committee handles some of the lower half big 12 teams this year. With how strong the conference is, they could have some teams with decent resumes that racked up a lot of losses. West Virginia is a good example. They’re probably expected to go 4-4 in their remaining games, which would put them at 18-13 (7-11 in B12). They’d have no bad losses, and 6 or 7 Q1 wins. All but 1 or 2 of their losses would be Q1, with the remaining being Q2. That’s a lot of losses, but seems like the resume of a tourney team.

3 hours ago, Kdug said:

It’ll be interesting to see how the committee handles some of the lower half big 12 teams this year. With how strong the conference is, they could have some teams with decent resumes that racked up a lot of losses. West Virginia is a good example. They’re probably expected to go 4-4 in their remaining games, which would put them at 18-13 (7-11 in B12). They’d have no bad losses, and 6 or 7 Q1 wins. All but 1 or 2 of their losses would be Q1, with the remaining being Q2. That’s a lot of losses, but seems like the resume of a tourney team.

W VA is currently #20 in the NET, one spot behind Rutgers and two ahead of the Hooosiers. Beating PU did nothing for IU in the NET rankings. We actually went from 21 to 22 on Sunday.

Yesterday, Rick Pizzo said a couple times that B1G is toughest conference in US (has to be a homer, I suppose), but it's not even close. B1G has three teams in the NET top 25, Big 12 has seven.

Edited by 13th&Jackson

56 minutes ago, rico said:

Duke had 21 turnovers last night.  And I had to do a double take watching the highlights this morning.  For brief moment I could have sworn Jim Boeheim was on the sidelines for the 'Canes.

The results of that game are what worry me most about tonight. Duke came off a highly emotional win over their arch rival, and then crashed the next game. I am concerned the same happens to us. The major difference of course is that we have the benefit of playing at home, and Duke was on the road. I would also hope the maturity and demeanor of CMW v Duke's new coach would impact the mindset of our team.

Here's to hoping we don't have a letdown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The results of that game are what worry me most about tonight. Duke came off a highly emotional win over their arch rival, and then crashed the next game. I am concerned the same happens to us. The major difference of course is that we have the benefit of playing at home, and Duke was on the road. I would also hope the maturity and demeanor of CMW v Duke's new coach would impact the mindset of our team.

I could be wrong,but I really think our recent struggles with Rutgers will help us be locked in for tonight.  After the Purdue game TJD commented on how Rutgers "punked" us earlier this season.  I think they will be ready.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I could be wrong,but I really think our recent struggles with Rutgers will help us be locked in for tonight.  After the Purdue game TJD commented on how Rutgers "punked" us earlier this season.  I think they will be ready.  

....and Rutgers is aware of TJD's "punked" comment too. I feel Trayce in on another level right now late in the season.... He's on a mission. I sure love going along for the ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Duke did have a quicker turnaround. Game Saturday night and turn around and travel for a game Monday night. 2 days vs 3 days isn’t a huge difference, but a difference nonetheless. Plus, we don’t have to travel as you mentioned. You make a good point though and I hope we’re ready for the game (and I think we will be ready).