'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Listening to 107.5 a little awhile ago and they had a guy on that has a radio show down in Kentucky. He was actually the most sensible UK guy O have ever listened to. He said the main reason Drew turned down the job was that his wife didn't think she could handle the circus around UK basketball. This guy also said that UK fans needs to stop being delusional in thinking UK can just pick whatever coach they want.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to 107.5 a little awhile ago and they had a guy on that has a radio show down in Kentucky. He was actually the most sensible UK guy O have ever listened to. He said the main reason Drew turned down the job was that his wife didn't think she could handle the circus around UK basketball. This guy also said that UK fans needs to stop being delusional in thinking UK can just pick whatever coach they want.

Scott i usually think you're crazier than a pet racoon but you have always stood by your stance that P6 coaches don't want to leave for other school even for big money.  And 10mil+ a year being thrown around by UK is big money.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Scott i usually think you're crazier than a pet racoon but you have always stood by your stance that P6 coaches don't want to leave for other school even for big money.  And 10mil+ a year being thrown around by UK is big money.

I crazier than a wild raccoon. With Drew it sounds more it is his family didn't want to move. I guess their airplane had to be diverted to another airport because there was to many media and fans at the original airport. The wife didn't want to deal with that much if a circus.

So next time we have an opening don'r expect Scott Drew to be the next coach.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I crazier than a wild raccoon. With Drew it sounds more it is his family didn't want to move. I guess their airplane had to be diverted to another airport because there was to many media and fans at the original airport. The wife didn't want to deal with that much if a circus.

So next time we have an opening don'r expect Scott Drew to be the next coach.

He’ll never leave Baylor 

On 4/11/2024 at 12:13 PM, IU Scott said:

But fans have nothing to do with anything, or so I have been told. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

No real dispute from 1-20, but 21-25....ehhhh.....

Select five of the following. Number in parenthesis is the decade of the team's most recent FF:

Team 1: 5 FF appearances, one runner up finish, top 25 in all time wins (2000s)
Team 2: 4 FF appearances, one national championship (1990s)
Team 3: 4 FF appearances, one national championship, one runner up and top 25 in all time wins (1990s)
Team 4: 6 FF appearances, 2 runner up finishes (2020s)
Team 5: 4 FF appearances, one national championship, one runner up, top 50 in all time wins (2010s)
Team 6: 3 FF appearances, 2 national championships, top 100 in all time wins (1950s)
Team 7: 5 FF appearances, 2 runner up finishes, top 50 in all time wins (2010s)
Team 8: 6 FF appearances, 2 national championships, top 50 in all time wins (2000s)
Team 9: 2 FF appearances, 1 national championship, top 75 in all time wins (2000s)
Team 10: 3 FF appearances, 1 national championship, top 50 in all time wins (2010s)
Team 11: 4 FF appearances, top 75 in all time wins (2000s)
Team 12: 3 FF appearances, 1 national championship, top 100 in all time wins (2020s)

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How is UW one of the top 25 all thime programs. Until 25 years ago they were one of the worst basketball programs in the country

True.  After the top 10, it looks very arguable.  Oregon state?  I may be missing something maybe from the 1940s.  Or I’m just clueless which is certainly possible. 

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How is UW one of the top 25 all thime programs. Until 25 years ago they were one of the worst basketball programs in the country

They have a national championship, a runner up finish, a total of 4 FF appearances, are among the top 50 teams in all time wins and have almost 2 winning seasons for every 1 losing season throughout their history.  Whether they're top 25 of all time could be debated, but that resume doesn't exactly sound like one of the worst programs either.

Edit: And are tied with Michigan and NC State for number of tournament appearances. 

3 minutes ago, Threedom said:

True.  After the top 10, it looks very arguable.  Oregon state?  I may be missing something maybe from the 1940s.  Or I’m just clueless which is certainly possible. 

That's Oklahoma St. They were a top program during the Henry Iba era.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2024 at 3:58 PM, Zlinedavid said:

No real dispute from 1-20, but 21-25....ehhhh.....

Select five of the following. Number in parenthesis is the decade of the team's most recent FF:

Team 1: 5 FF appearances, one runner up finish, top 25 in all time wins (2000s)
Team 2: 4 FF appearances, one national championship (1990s)
Team 3: 4 FF appearances, one national championship, one runner up and top 25 in all time wins (1990s)
Team 4: 6 FF appearances, 2 runner up finishes (2020s)
Team 5: 4 FF appearances, one national championship, one runner up, top 50 in all time wins (2010s)
Team 6: 3 FF appearances, 2 national championships, top 100 in all time wins (1950s)
Team 7: 5 FF appearances, 2 runner up finishes, top 50 in all time wins (2010s)
Team 8: 6 FF appearances, 2 national championships, top 50 in all time wins (2000s)
Team 9: 2 FF appearances, 1 national championship, top 75 in all time wins (2000s)
Team 10: 3 FF appearances, 1 national championship, top 50 in all time wins (2010s)
Team 11: 4 FF appearances, top 75 in all time wins (2000s)
Team 12: 3 FF appearances, 1 national championship, top 100 in all time wins (2020s)

I’m obviously biased but I don’t think there’s any way you can leave Purdue out of the top 25 even without a championship. Top 10 in all-time wins, most B1G championships, All-Americans galore. Don’t see any real argument for Wisky over Purdue honestly especially with them missing the tournament 40+ years in a row. 

On 4/12/2024 at 3:33 PM, IU Scott said:

They missed the tournament 47 years in a row lol. No way they deserve top 25 over Purdue and plenty of others.