KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

If you ever go through Terre Haute (yeah, I know... I was born there) try a fish sandwich at The Bush Restaurant. Use to be The Bramble Bush when friends of my Mom and Dad owned it back in the day, but they've always had a great fish sandwich and a pretty righteous pork tenderloin too... 

What's your opinion of Taco Casita.  We used to eat cheap food there all the time back in the 80's while in college.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

What's your opinion of Taco Casita.  We used to eat cheap food there all the time back in the 80's while in college.

Never had the pleasure of dining at Taco Casita. Moved from there when I was 6 (58 years ago), and when we went back to visit, it was always The Bramble Bush or The Goodie Shop until it closed. 

I haven't been back to Terre Haute since about 2009. 

11 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Joella's is my favorite place for fast fried chicken. Great cuts of whole meat, and terrific heat levels. The parmesan garlic fries are my go to side. Nothing like bringing home some Joella's and sitting in front of the TV for some sports or a movie when I want to treat myself.

Is Joellas the place that you have to sign a waiver to get the  🔥 stuff

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Is Joellas the place that you have to sign a waiver to get the  🔥 stuff

Ha! Not literally, but their "Fire-In Da-Hole" is described as waiver-worthy. I can finish it, but too much heat and I can't taste what I'm eating. The "Hot" level is a nice balance for me.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 3:45 PM, Seeking6 said:

I think I've brought up before. Love me some Fried Chicken. There are a few places that I know are better but this place I ate at last night. 

For the Chicago brethren or anyone who does Route 66 stuff.... https://chickenbasket.com/

Dell Rhea's chicken is so very good. Out in Willowbrook but worth it. 

I haven't stopped there in over a decade.  Need to make a point to get there sometime soon

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Somebody elses take on best Fried Chicken. Never heard of Jolibee's, sounds interesting. Anybody ever tried them?

Best fast food Fried Chicken

Slim Chickens  is at the very least ahead of choke and pukes like Church's... Lightly breaded and very tender, with a Cayenne Ranch dipping sauce that is killer...and can't beat desserts in a Ball Jar 🙂

None in Indiana yet, and @Drroogh the only one I see in Georgia is in Augusta... But they're a hot franchise right now... 

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Zaxbys FTW. First had it on the right side of the river north of Louisville.  One of the Clarksville exits I think. 

Now have one in Jasper. Their chicken sandwiches rock. 

My wife won't go to Zaxby's because they tried to charge her .25 cents for dipping sauce and she's tighter than a new boot... 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Slim Chickens  is at the very least ahead of choke and pukes like Church's... Lightly breaded and very tender, with a Cayenne Ranch dipping sauce that is killer...and can't beat desserts in a Ball Jar 🙂

None in Indiana yet, and @Drroogh the only one I see in Georgia is in Augusta... But they're a hot franchise right now... 

About two months ago, I moved to Michigan for my second time. Close to one set of grandkids. There does seem to be a couple in MI, but at least and hour drive away.

• Like 1