IUBB 22/‘23

Just now, IU Scott said:

Guess I should have read your next post to see where he is playing. Do walk ons their get any of the perks that scholarship Ayers get like tutors and the food plans

so... they do get perks.  he gets all of the amazing attire all of the kids get.  he gets to stay in fancy hotels on the road.  he does not get free meals daily, but he gets a lot of free meals on game days and on the road.  really good food too.  he is actually getting tired of steak.  that's crazy!  he is definitely appreciative of all of that.  he said they are treated like rock stars when they travel.  

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

so... they do get perks.  he gets all of the amazing attire all of the kids get.  he gets to stay in fancy hotels on the road.  he does not get free meals daily, but he gets a lot of free meals on game days and on the road.  really good food too.  he is actually getting tired of steak.  that's crazy!  he is definitely appreciative of all of that.  he said they are treated like rock stars when they travel.  

He gets to go on road trips even though he is red shirting. That sounds great and hope he has a great experience playing college basketball.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He gets to go on road trips even though he is red shirting. That sounds great and hope he has a great experience playing college basketball.

thanks Scott.  and yes, it's pretty cool that even when they redshirt he travels, warms up in uniform, sits on the bench, etc.  just can't play.  he gets extra workouts and extra lifting since he can't play in games,  strange rule that college football you can play in up to 4 games and redshirt and college bball you can't step on the floor one time if you redshirt.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toonsquad said:

Not sure if this has been posted in another thread but I just saw it on Twitter. Wonder if there is any truth to it?

Regardless of if this particular dude has a real connection to a player, I'm sure there are guys adjusting to college practices for a team with high expectations and what the demands are.

I find this tweet funny, in light of the Dakich tweets after the KU game. 

Are we lazy and taking three naps a day, or are we running the players into the ground? 

Or maybe it's December and this is a talented team trying to find it's way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure the people on here that was in the military would disagree with you on this. Doesn't include me

I’m just a lowly Army Reservist but 2 a days with no water breaks & basketball practice running suicides was a freaking vacation compared to Basic….

guessing Basic is Club Med compared to combat….

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I kinda figured... Tough break for XJ... I hope he can play again this season... 

Even if out 8 weeks...could get him back late February.....

In the meantime, can we get excellent player development with JHS running the offense and Bates on the wing?   This could work out if we get these guys take the opportunity to develop.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What device is best for accessing youtube?  I have AppleTV but I don't see a youtube link anymore.

I don’t have that setup anymore, I’ve got a cheap Visio smart tv that has the YouTube TV app preloaded. Search in the app section of your tv, it should be there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What device is best for accessing youtube?  I have AppleTV but I don't see a youtube link anymore.

It has its own app on your TV ... Mine all do if you're talking about YouTube itself... YouTube TV I had to get a Chromecast ($40) to get it because they didn't have an app version for Samsung TVs pre 2016

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Even if out 8 weeks...could get him back late February.....

In the meantime, can we get excellent player development with JHS running the offense and Bates on the wing?   This could work out if we get these guys take the opportunity to develop.  

It's beneficial for the guys you mentioned and a real opportunity to grow and show off an expanded skillset.

I just hope there isn't an unreal expectation that when X returns, he's able to resume his 'ceiling' right off the bat. It'll take some time, especially when so much of his game is tempo-based, with lateral and quick-cut movements.

Best case scenario he's able to ease back in because those that stepped up are playing at a high level.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

It's beneficial for the guys you mentioned and a real opportunity to grow and show off an expanded skillset.

I just hope there isn't an unreal expectation that when X returns, he's able to resume his 'ceiling' right off the bat. It'll take some time, especially when so much of his game is tempo-based, with lateral and quick-cut movements.

Best case scenario he's able to ease back in because those that stepped up are playing at a high level.

X always seems to have "spin up" a little before he's at the top of his game... Beginning of last year, after the "Windy City 5” incident, the beginning of this year..

So, yeah, even if he comes back late in the year, it'll take some time for him to be XL Johnson as @Joe_Hoopsier calls him 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

So, he's right on the cusp of eligibility for a medical redshirt. Don't know if they count the game where he was injured.

According to the NCAA rules, in order to be granted a medical redshirt, the athlete must:

• Suffer an injury that is deemed “season-ending”
  • Their injury must occur before the halfway point of the season
  • Not participate in more than 30% of the season’s games

It is important to note that the injury has to be season-ending. A season ending injury results when an athlete suffers a major injury in which they will be sidelined for several months. However, it is ultimately up to the athlete to decide if they want to go through with surgery or medical repairs as opposed to playing through the injury. There are many injuries throughout a collegiate season that could qualify you for a medical redshirt depending on when they occured.

• Thanks 1