Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

46 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Posted a stat in another thread.. We've had to play all 6 of the other top 7 teams in the B1G... on the road... 

We are 3-3 in those games. One loss being Iowa, one loss being NW. We are 5-1 in those games with XJ. 

But, maybe the craziest part is how unequal(just pointing out, it's not an excuse) the schedule has been by having to play all 6 of those teams on the road. 

I would imagine the committee sees that and will look at 3-3 in those games, favorably

With the release of their top 16 last week I’m hoping that’s a safe assumption. 🤞 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Really looking forward to watching this game today. Took the wife out for dinner and drinks last night and didn’t expect to be watching the game afterwards. Very pleasant surprise! 

NW has a tough remaining schedule. We could very well sneak into second - or hell, first. Let’s do this!

So the wife hates basketball and made you take her out....:coffee::cheers:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

With the release of their top 16 last week I’m hoping that’s a safe assumption. 🤞 

Virginia and Miami both lost so I think we pass both of them so should be #1 or #2 4 seed at very worst. We have to win these last two at home though. We can’t play how we played vs Illinois at home and expect to win against those two teams 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Matt Painter is why I dislike UK on a different level than Purdue. Class act, quality person…. tough to dislike.

Might be the first coach all season that said it straight up, they were the better team. No excuses. The dipshit at Illinois should take notes.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If NW loses will Purdue go over to Mackey and cut down the nets?

Hey, we still have an outside chance at a tie for 1st...Need help from Wisconsin and Illinois, but stranger things have happened...And The Boilers confidence might not be all that high after getting the lion's share of the calls, outrebounding us, and still losing the game...

Northwestern would have to win all 3 of their remaining games to win it outright if Purdue would fold...And @Maryland, home against Penn State, and @Rutgers, I'm not seeing it...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Did anyone else catch the Jim Jackson line coming out of the under 4 TO?

" He's got the perfect intials. J-H-S. Just Hits Shots." 

Gus loved it...

Jackson also called him JORDAN Hood-Schifino at one point.  I'm assuming that was because he actually did not know Jalen's name versus comparing him to MJ.  

And, Gus made me a little mad when he called Purdue fans the best in college basketball.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Jackson also called him JORDAN Hood-Schifino at one point.  I'm assuming that was because he actually did not know Jalen's name versus comparing him to MJ.  

And, Gus made me a little mad when he called Purdue fans the best in college basketball.  

JJ also said IU had "shotten" a percentage over a stretch of games...

He can channel Norm Crosby/Don King at times 😁 

As for Johnson's comment, I thought he said some of the best, but not sure... 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Watching the BTN in 60 replay. Wanted to point out Bates did a good job harassing PU to get an offensive foul called. Banks had a few quality first half minutes. And Galloway gave us the lead at 41-40 and then hit a 3 to make it 44-40. His early 2nd half hustle instrumental in our surge

I meant to call this out myself. Of course Tamar didn't show up in the box score, but he played within himself, played very serviceable D and played within the game plan. I also had no problem with what Banks brought in his few minutes. It was obvious what the game plan was, and those two scoring 15 each was not it.

• Like 5