Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Posted a stat in another thread.. We've had to play all 6 of the other top 7 teams in the B1G... on the road... 

We are 3-3 in those games. One being Iowa, one being NW. We are 5-1 in those games with XJ. 

But, maybe the craziest part is how unequal(just pointing out, it's not an excuse) the schedule has been by having to play all 6 of those teams on the road. 

I would imagine the committee sees that and will look at 3-3 in those games, favorably. 

And I think yesterday's in not only solidifies our 4 but bumps us up to 3. Please let us get the South draw in Louisville.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And I think yesterday's in not only solidifies our 4 but bumps us up to 3. Please let us get the South draw in Louisville.

Actually.. just went and looked... We've played the top 9 B1G teams(other than ourself) on the road.. 

And not once with our entire Top 3. 

To compare.. Purdue only plays 5 of those games.. NW 7, Maryland 5. 

• Like 2

Just now, btownqb said:

Actually.. just went and looked... We've played the top 9 B1G teams(other than ourself) on the road.. 

And that's why the job these players and staff has done is all the more impressive. Shoot our light week is Iowa and Michigan because their at home.

One other thing that gives me an incredible amount of comfort. For the 2nd year in a row our kids are hitting their stride when it matters. Just night and day from the previous regime. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I watched all the post game comments this morning... But I thought the most interesting one was Matt Painter...

About the halfway mark, he's asked about the rivalry. He said something to the effect that he's had opportunities to leave, but if he did, he'd never get to experience walking into Assembly Hall as the coach of Purdue, and as an Indiana kid, that was important to him... 

Very honest all the way through... I might despise the Boilermakers, but Painter is a great coach and a class act... 

Matt Painter is why I dislike UK on a different level than Purdue. Class act, quality person…. tough to dislike.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hell… take away the absolute screw job against NW and Iowa and we win the conference outright. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

By the way, I know why Trey missed that dunk...

The balls it took for a 6'4 kid to challenge a 7'4 monster weighed him down a little 😉

Thanks for the reminder. If that thing went down pants were around ankles time. Greatest missed dunk since Victor's and honestly Trey had it....just had a bit much of that white chocolate going. 

• Like 1

I was so wired with joy/surprise/pride, stayed up to watch the replay on FS1 at 2am.  Needless to say, I have a raging headache this morning and still giddy.  

Ballsiest win since 2013 clinch in Ann Arbor.  To all them boys: SUPER PROUD OF YOUR ROAD GRIT!

Go HOOSIERS!!!

Side note: IU WOMEN are to be featured on gameday, today, from the home of certified nut job, Francis McCaffery.  11-12 this morning, Eastern, on ESPN

• Like 6

Hasn’t been much discussion of the officials, but can I just say how much the play they reviewed the Race foul pissed me off?

Race guarded Edey at the free throw line and got moved off of his spot a good 8-10 feet, which is a foul. Then Race made a good, hard foul and Purdue whined and whined to the point of a review which resulted in nothing. I’m all for granting a review when a team asks, but I think it should open the entire play up to review then. Call the damn offensive foul that occurred first. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Plus they’ll be dealing with Galloway for two more years, and he quite clearly is a better player than them. 

I keep forgetting we have him for 2 more years. I know Cupps is only 6'2 but he plays long. Newton has length and size. They are good players no doubt but that size will rear it's ugly head. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Hasn’t been much discussion of the officials, but can I just say how much the play they reviewed the Race foul pissed me off?

Race guarded Edey at the free throw line and got moved off of his spot a good 8-10 feet, which is a foul. Then Race made a good, hard foul and Purdue whined and whined to the point of a review which resulted in nothing. I’m all for granting a review when a team asks, but I think it should open the entire play up to review then. Call the damn offensive foul that occurred first. 

Watching for the first time now and the second foul on Trace was nonsense . Edey gets away with so much. 

• Like 3