Transfers with IU Interest

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Sparks is a good player so I don’t blame the staff for going for him.  He gives you a Zach Randolph feel.   I think he’s too good to say he doesn’t fit.   Get really good players first and foremost.  We can make it work.

I’d still like to get more mobile and athletic at the 2-4 positions even with Sparks.   Every good team has that.  

I haven't read all the comments yet but there isn't a ton of downside to bringing in a big kid like Sparks. Body is B10 ready. Can score. At a position of need. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but I'll take Sparks all day long. Shoot he wanted to come last year until TJD said he was returning. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

So you call yours “the needle?” 🤣

I noticed that about Rabjohns too. Maybe some smoke there?  

Apparently kenya was his lead recruiter when he was a nebraska. Seems like we have the right connections. We also recruited him in 2019 as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Rabjohns was AWFULLY quick to have a full write up about Shedrick. 

Shedrick, Sparks, Ledlum, and Timberlake move the needle. 

I know the previous staff liked him...which explains being 6'11 and averaging 6 points a game. Joking aside...is there anything here? What's all the initial excitement for. Much prefer a guy like Sparks over someone like this all day long.

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

6 points a game is great on a team that scores 30.  :coffee:

Haha. Yep. I've asked all day and I'm not seeing this one. As @btownqb said earlier Rabby had that write up locked and loaded for a reason. Just think we should slow down a bit on some of these guys. Shoot by the end of business tomorrow we might have 5 more bigs that are more enticing.

I want our staff to always have one extra bullet left headed into summer. Late transfer, reclassification....I don't want to spend all of our $ the first day we get it and Coach Woodson strikes me as a guy who won't do that. Shoot...he won't even valet his own car at the Motor Speedway. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

6 points a game is great on a team that scores 30.  :coffee:

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know the previous staff liked him...which explains being 6'11 and averaging 6 points a game. Joking aside...is there anything here? What's all the initial excitement for. Much prefer a guy like Sparks over someone like this all day long.

PER - 24.9

DRating -  89.9 (The lower the better.  By Contrast TJD was 94.1)

Defensive Box +/- = 6.1 (Would have ranked 4th nationally if he played enough minutes to qualify).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

PER - 24.9

DRating -  89.9 (The lower the better.  By Contrast TJD was 94.1)

Defensive Box +/- = 6.1 (Would have ranked 4th nationally if he played enough minutes to qualify).

Thanks. Stats and info like this is pointing me in the right direction. So defensive stopper, rim protector, rebounder type? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Haha. Yep. I've asked all day and I'm not seeing this one. As @btownqb said earlier Rabby had that write up locked and loaded for a reason. Just think we should slow down a bit on some of these guys. Shoot by the end of business tomorrow we might have 5 more bigs that are more enticing.

I want our staff to always have one extra bullet left headed into summer. Late transfer, reclassification....I don't want to spend all of our $ the first day we get it and Coach Woodson strikes me as a guy who won't do that. Shoot...he won't even valet his own car at the Motor Speedway. 

Recruiting is the one thing I won't question this staff about. They are all good at it. If they are on this kid, there is a reason for it. But I would, like you, like to see them slow their roll a bit. Bigger fish may be coming to the portal.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Maybe CMW wants to lock down the roster early and spend the summer playing golf with Scott May.

Not a bad way to do it. Pressure cooker job. Now I will say he's won best backyard 2 years running I believe so I think his yard will get the most attention.

• Like 1