Transfers with IU Interest

Nobody you bring in thinks they can’t beat out Malik…nothing against him but these guys have started since they were 5…confidence won’t be a problem 

Doubt CMW points to backup minutes instead of replace TJD.

You guys have the 2 things:

minutes & money 

hopefully IU tradition & education mean something 

Sparks is a good player so I don’t blame the staff for going for him.  He gives you a Zach Randolph feel.   I think he’s too good to say he doesn’t fit.   Get really good players first and foremost.  We can make it work.

I’d still like to get more mobile and athletic at the 2-4 positions even with Sparks.   Every good team has that.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Sparks is a good player so I don’t blame the staff for going for him.  He gives you a Zach Randolph feel.   I think he’s too good to say he doesn’t fit.   Get really good players first and foremost.  We can make it work.

I’d still like to get more mobile and athletic at the 2-4 positions even with Sparks.   Every good team has that.  

We need bigs. Hed be a great bench big. It’s that simple 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Oh I don't want to see that but in the B1G, if, IF it became necessary for like 6 minutes a game, it can be done because of Malik's ability.   

Absolutely agree. Until the B1G stops allowing rugby style basketball,  and decides it wants success in recruting and the NCAA tournament,  we have to prepare for battle in the post. Hopefully CMW can straddle the line the way Izzo has to be successful at both. 

27 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I think this week will be critical. Should know how the at home visits went. I would think something should shake out sooner rather than later.

Wasn’t it Kansas State that only had two players as of July??? We still have no idea about decomits, our players transferring… I think we need a little patience!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

This is a very serviceable player.  Plays through contact, good on the boards, had a nice interior game.  We definitely want to get athletes and shooters on our team but I like having some guys like this that can get in there and mix it up too.

No small thing, he looks comfortable going over both shoulders and using either hand. Sadly, that's not always common with bigs. 

Add to it that he is clearly very big and strong and he definitely brings value.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

No small thing, he looks comfortable going over both shoulders and using either hand. Sadly, that's not always common with bigs. 

Add to it that he is clearly very big and strong and he definitely brings value.

He was a 40% 3 point shooter too.....now he only took 5 and hit 2 but ya gotta start somewhere. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Kadin Shedrick is a name that is being floated as someone we'd like if he got into the portal. He'd fit the backup 5 role with defending the rim capabilities and can run. 

Would he still be an option if Sparks comes to IU? If so, I'd have to imagine Malik, Sparks, and Kadin wouldn't play much together, leading one of them to be stuck on the bench. Definitely like Kadin though since he brings a different skillset.

19 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Would he still be an option if Sparks comes to IU? If so, I'd have to imagine Malik, Sparks, and Kadin wouldn't play much together, leading one of them to be stuck on the bench. Definitely like Kadin though since he brings a different skillset.

Not sure. I'd hope so, though.

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

People are speculating Sparks, Flory is another year out before he commits

I know that,....lol! I took it as committing to IU as recruited freshmen..... Flory could verbally commit to IU now, but obviously not play till 2024. I'm sure they are talking about the portal though.

• Like 1