Transfers with IU Interest

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

I would imagine for these guys it’s a question of whether they want to continue playing and collect some NIL$$$, or do they want to start the professional life that an Ivy League education prepared them for?

Yep, but ball players are ball players so they might decide to delay. Or not.

9 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Pretty sure Graham would solve rebounding problems we've been talking about?>

While I do want to see us go to a more athletic style of play, I think we need to be able to play the big ten style.  I've always felt it is easier to slow an opponent down than speed them up and like it or not we'll have to deal with it in B10 play.

I mostly want us to attack the portal with proven players that can and will contribute.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Pretty sure Graham would solve rebounding problems we've been talking about?>

Don't really think he would. He'd be replacing the all-time rebounder in IU history, and TJD didn't solve those problems. Our rebounding issues weren't really at the 4-5, we lacked length and athleticism at the guard and wings spots. 

Kopp, JHS, Galloway and Bates are where we really got killed in terms of rebounding. We need more length and athleticism at those spots. 

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Don't really think he would. He'd be replacing the all-time rebounder in IU history, and TJD didn't solve those problems. Our rebounding issues weren't really at the 4-5, we lacked length and athleticism at the guard and wings spots. 

Kopp, JHS, Galloway and Bates are where we really got killed in terms of rebounding. We need more length and athleticism at those spots. 

100% agree - we never crashed the boards… like ever. We didn’t rebound well at all between the 1-3.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

So, is it the personnel or the scheme (push the ball on offense, get back on defense)?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

I would say personnel. Kopp has never been a rebounder in his career. Galloway, JHS and Bates aren't really either from their spots. 

XJ would have made a difference in that area. Not that he'd have completely erased the issue, but he was a good rebounding point guard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Bad positioning, bunch of long rebounds from 3's being put up, we would lose a driver and Trayce and Race would come over to block the shot and no one rotated in for rebounding...all sorts of things.

And the lost art of blocking out your man. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1