Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel like that’d be a solid addition. A guy like him could’ve really helped you guys this year. But would def be weird seeing another Lafayette guy in Bloomington lol. 

You have a chance at a NW degree and legacy 

Maybe if next years team is a dumpster fire 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also to me this shows you have to many teams on your conference if you can't have all of your teams compete in the tournament 

So much for the argument that you don't need to expand the NCAAT because every team is theoretically already in due to conference tournaments. 

Plus, I wouldn't be at all surprised if in 5-10 years, there will be no more than 16 schools max in the B1G (maybe fewer). Either that or they will adjust revenue sharing. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

15 seems like an odd number to go with. I would think it would be easier with an even number of teams

16 seems like the right answer, but with 15 you’re rewarding the regular season champ with a bye. So I get it. But I’m sure there’s more to it than that….

Edited by kyhoosier29

15 hours ago, rico said:

Big one tonight in Madison.  Do Izzo's Spartans have a late season run in them starting tonight?

6 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Big fat emphatic "no"

Well, they still may, but not because they”re good. 7 of their next 8 games are MI twice, MD, MN, PSU, IA & OSU. All in bottom half of conference 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Well, they still may, but not because they”re good. 7 of their next 8 games are MI twice, MD, MN, PSU, IA & OSU. All in bottom half of conference 

And the media will give it's "typical Izzo has his team improving dramatically the 2nd half of the season".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

And the media will give it's "typical Izzo has his team improving dramatically the 2nd half of the season".

I get what you’re saying, but if he has them sitting at 19-9 and top 25 in most metrics they’re going to be in a really good spot. They may very well still end up with a better season than we had last year, so that’s pretty good for a down year. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I get what you’re saying, but if he has them sitting at 19-9 and top 25 in most metrics they’re going to be in a really good spot. They may very well still end up with a better season than we had last year, so that’s pretty good for a down year. 

Yeah unless I misread something, I think they are 25 in the NET and we are 98

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My college basketball interest is at an all-time low.  If IU is ever bad enough to miss out on the BTT with the new format, I might just hang it up.  

The way the sports landscape is trending, college football is erupting and college basketball may become a niche sport.  A lot of people will tell you that it’s a March Madness event only.   College basketball has a lot of existential issues IMO….