Kansas post game

Inequality

Just now, IU Scott said:

Just looked at the Arizona and Purdue box score and it was 92-84. Arizona had 2 points from the bench and Purdue had 4.  You see our game with little bench production so I wonder if this is a problem elsewhere.

I think when/if X gets healthy we should mostly play the top 7. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KDB said:

Leaving Assembly now. Officiating cost us the game. That’s just the reality of the situation. Play like that at home and bring the same energy we did tonight and we shouldn’t lose any here in the conference.

Galloway was absolutely phenomenal. I would’ve loved to have seen what happens if he hits that three to put us up 1 at the end. The roof would have came off the place. Wish we would’ve ran more stuff to get Mgbako shots - I would have brought him in a lot sooner at the end even though he had 4 fouls. Heartbreaking loss for sure but I am optimistic for the rest of the year.

Agree on bringing in Mgbako earlier… imagine if Self held out McCullar for any stretch. That might’ve made the difference in the game. Mgbako is looking like a real difference maker out there now, you gotta have some faith and trust in him to not pick up that 5th.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Cupps played really well, but only scored 2 pts…does a healthy XJ get us the win?

He did, but Harris scored 7 of his 12 in the last 7 minutes, and they were all big...

This game will pay dividends down the road in Gabe's development, but the sooner we get XJ back, the better... 

• Like 6

I just don’t like what I see from this team. We don’t have that guy that you go to when you know you need a bucket. Just to let you know where we are at . Crean recruited better. I think cups will be a very good point guard. Just no pure shooters. Why? We have one of the best shooters to ware an IU uniform on staff. Why no shooters? The Big is not going to be kind to us. No quality wins out of conference. I predict no dancing this season. I sure as heck hope I’m wrong! 

My three keys before the game:

Rebound well: we had overall edge and basically even on OR, but missed a couple key opportunities late. 

Limit TOs: too many TOs

Avoid foul trouble: Foul trouble for Mgbako and Reneau really hurt in second half. 

Played with a lot of energy and effort. Gallo was great. Just not enough winning plays against a good team. 

• Like 1

I'll just say this. We all want us to win and win now. Was lucky enough to be at Assembly for the 2002 Illini game, the Marco dunk Duke game, the Wat shot game, Vic and Michigan missed dunk and a couple others. Assembly was really, really good today. 

Phenomenal game. Disappointing finish...but after what we saw last weekend we know the team is better this week.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One picture

Screenshot_20231216-202324.thumb.png.1a13ae774d4bf063c984b7cdf53eee9c.png

1,000 words... And everyone of them would get me kicked off... 

We were on the back side of the ball up about 25 rows and we were yelling in....apparently the concept of spheres doesn't make it's way to the relay booth. Down 2 is different than down 4. Such a shame.

• Like 4

One other thing...

The next time one of our bigs, be it Ware, Sparks, Reneau, or Walker, gets the ball in the backcourt and tries to go the length of the court with it, if I was Mike Woodson at the next practice they'd be running stairs til they puked... 

Give it up to a guard, for God's sake! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One other thing...

The next time one of our bigs, be it Ware, Sparks, Reneau, or Walker, gets the ball in the backcourt and tries to go the length of the court with it, if I was Mike Woodson at the next practice they'd be running stairs til they puked... 

Give it up to a guard, for God's sake! 

TJD did that multiple times and was praised for it. I think it’s encouraged 

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

TJD did that multiple times and was praised for it. I think it’s encouraged 

I saw Trayce bring the ball up on the secondary break a lot, but never try to outrace everyone to the hoop... And I know him bringing it up was encouraged...and even if so, he's a much better ball handler than any of the above... 

Every time Race tried it in my memory it was a disaster as well... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1