Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, IU Scott said:

Well this one s the second time he bagged another player so it isn't an isolated event. He drove 100mph in a 40 zone on Walnut. He was part of the Chicago 5

Oh yeah I know. I just want to sleep on it before I say that. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well it worked with Allen who was still owed 20 mil.

I know he isn't going anywhere but it is time for some changes in the assistant coaching staff. It seems all 3 are more in the bench because of recruiting and not player development 

Your email had nothing to do with Tom Allen getting fired.  Don't kid yourself.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

How did we not once in the first half go to the XJ, Galloway, Gunn, Walker, Reneau lineup?

Against any team with a pulse you can't have both Reneau and Ware out, and you can never have Sparks, Banks and Walker in together. 

Absolutely insane to have a Cupps, Gunn, Banks, Walker, Sparks lineup in. How can you be a real coach and play that lineup in a real game?

Killed the momentum. We were actually playing well. Lost all traction the moment Woodson went to this. Somehow, somewhere…he’s convinced this is they way to go despite incredible evidence that proves otherwise. It’s now costing us games. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m not sure how much I care about either to be honest. Hate to sound crazy, but Ware has zero fire and MR might as well just stand on the offensive end the whole time he’s in the game. He doesn’t rebound or play much D typically. Mgbako? Good lord. We’re hurting….. 

if both come back with Reneau, we’re in the same boat again next year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Per the norm…More incredible insight from Woodson in his responses. 

A20A3959-B5AC-4023-932A-6C078CB88FA2.jpeg

I don't even see the point in press conferences.  How often do you hear anything that isn't typical say nothing coach speak?  The press won't ask pointed questions because they don't want to lose access and the coaches aren't usually going to offer up how bad they sucked...kind of a waste of time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

He won’t until the off-season. If they lose to Minnesota this season will spiral 

I think we beat Minnesota, but still have the same problems and outlook on the season. We either need to win most of these types of games, where we’re playing the mid to lower half of the big ten on the road, or we need to beat the upper level teams at home. I haven’t seen anything to suggest either is likely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

How did we not once in the first half go to the XJ, Galloway, Gunn, Walker, Reneau lineup?

Against any team with a pulse you can't have both Reneau and Ware out, and you can never have Sparks, Banks and Walker in together. 

Absolutely insane to have a Cupps, Gunn, Banks, Walker, Sparks lineup in. How can you be a real coach and play that lineup in a real game?

I should further add and ask…where are his assistants in all this?  Certainly his assistants have to see this? I mean, everyone watching the game (even a casual fan) knows that lineup ain’t going to work.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We’ll beat Minnesota. Then we’ll play a Kansas type game against Purdue but still lose. After that Wisconsin and Illinois will both beat us by 20. 

A win against Purdue wouldn’t shock me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I want the 2 hours of my life back I spent watching this game. This was a winnable game and abysmal free throw shooting, poor rebounding effort, driving into multiple defenders, and our 6th year senior getting ejected cost us the game.  I'll add the first half substitutions to this.  Woodson subbed out both Reneau and Ware at the same time.  I understand thinking Sparks might help against a physical team, but if you put him in, it needs to be with Reneau. There were two groups Woodson put out there, with 4 subs and a starter.  

• Like 1

I still don't understand why players can't play heavy minutes in today's game. There is no reason why we have to start subbing after 6 or 7 minutes into the game. Watched an old game from 1980 and it was after Woodson came back from his back surgery. He played the whole first half and played very well. The starters played the majority of the minutes until some got in foul trouble

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

I should further add and ask…where are his assistants in all this?  Certainly his assistants have to see this? I mean, everyone watching the game (even a casual fan) knows that lineup ain’t going to work.

They are paid a decent amount of money to say "Yes sir".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilleHoosier said:

I want the 2 hours of my life back I spent watching this game. This was a winnable game and abysmal free throw shooting, poor rebounding effort, driving into multiple defenders, and our 6th year senior getting ejected cost us the game.  I'll add the first half substitutions to this.  Woodson subbed out both Reneau and Ware at the same time.  I understand thinking Sparks might help against a physical team, but if you put him in, it needs to be with Reneau. There were two groups Woodson put out there, with 4 subs and a starter.  

There should be at least 3 starters on the court at all times. Play no more than 8 players and you can rotate people in

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't even see the point in press conferences.  How often do you hear anything that isn't typical say nothing coach speak?  The press won't ask pointed questions because they don't want to lose access and the coaches aren't usually going to offer up how bad they sucked...kind of a waste of time.

Actually…someone asked a pointed question. Typical Woodson response though. At one point he played all 5 subs together.

28303326-6637-4DA7-919D-00DACB48BA87.jpeg

• Like 1