Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

31 minutes ago, Courtsensetwo said:

The ejection was unwarranted. I’ve watched the replay a number of times and X did not intentionally make contact, if anything it was the Rutger player’s fault. The forearm shiver should’ve been an ejection and suspension. X at worst should’ve been an F1. Typically poor officiating.

Stop it. It was completely the right call. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I completely forgot the game was on and then checked the score.  Maybe they would have won had i watched.  Sorry guys, its my fault

Glad you took accountability. We can now confirm you aren’t Mike Woodson. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know I’m late, but man, this team isn’t as bad I think they are at the moment. They are struggling like many of us thought, but it’s still difficult, even if we expected it. X is who he is… and at this point, we have to accept it. I, personally, am not a fan of his antics and thought that he could help, but leading is not his forte. TG is a nice complimentary piece that could come off the bench on a good team, but we’re kidding ourselves if any of us expected more. Cupps is a freshman who can help out and probably provide some value next season, but not now. Our frontline is pretty solid, but that’s all we have, and to win consistently at this level(I know I’m beating a dead horse here) we need solid guard play. We need at least 4 guys brought in who can handle, create and defend the perimeter next season… or we’ll be running this season back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Courtsensetwo said:

The Rutgers player turned which initiated the contact. It was unintentional. The forearm shiver should’ve been an ejection and suspension. 

He set a pick. It was a dirty play by a guy who has been out of control more often than not. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I know I’m late, but man, this team isn’t as bad I think they are at the moment. They are struggling like many of us thought, but it’s still difficult, even if we expected it. X is who he is… and at this point, we have to accept it. I, personally, am not a fan of his antics and thought that he could help, but leading is not his forte. TG is a nice complimentary piece that could come off the bench on a good team, but we’re kidding ourselves if any of us expected more. Cupps is a freshman who can help out and probably provide some value next season, but not now. Our frontline is pretty solid, but that’s all we have, and to win consistently at this level(I know I’m beating a dead horse here) we need solid guard play. We need at least 4 guys brought in who can handle, create and defend the perimeter next season… or we’ll be running this season back. 

4 guys…. I would argue IU needs 8 new guys.

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Selfish, stupid act.  You wear the jersey, you honor the school and don’t pull crap like that.    

He is who he is. No surprise.  Sadly, woodson probably thinks x is a leader.  He doesn’t need to be guarded outside with his awkward shot. And he wants to be in control rather than play smart. He thinks plays street ball too often.  Overall, i think he hinders the team’s play.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

How are we so tall and play such big lineups yet consistently so bad at rebounding?  I feel like those things shouldn’t even be possible

Lousy footwork/positioning and lack of effort in the paint.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Full quote

Is he serious?! 

Im sorry but if you’re incapable of answering a simple question for local journalists/fans about a persistent issue, then don’t expect 17,000 cheering at Assembly, donations to NIL collectives, traveling to neutral site venues like Vegas, Atlanta, and the Bahamas. 

Also, feel free to return your million dollar annual raise since you haven’t earned a single cent for it and apparently can’t justify your own decisions.

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kdug said:

I think we beat Minnesota, but still have the same problems and outlook on the season. We either need to win most of these types of games, where we’re playing the mid to lower half of the big ten on the road, or we need to beat the upper level teams at home. I haven’t seen anything to suggest either is likely.

If we cant beat a weak RU team with their crappy shooting %, I wouldn’t take Minn lightly.  Our shooting is awful. MR is the only consistent good shooter.  Our Senior leaders have stone hands usually.  And then there’s those turnovers.   

6 minutes ago, John S said:

If we cant beat a weak RU team with their crappy shooting %, I wouldn’t take Minn lightly.  Our shooting is awful. MR is the only consistent good shooter.  Our Senior leaders have stone hands usually.  And then there’s those turnovers.   

We could absolutely lose vs Minny, not saying it’s a lock at all. I’d actually say Minny is probably a slightly better team than us at this point, but I think it being at home makes the difference.

Quoting myself from the pregame thread:

"If they win, I'll watch tomorrow night.  Otherwise, I have better things to do than watch half-assed effort just because you're too mentally soft to play on the road."

At least I got in a nice nap while the team was laying another road turd.  A mentally soft team turns it over 18 times, is 4-15 at the line and has a 6th-year senior ejected for acting like a bush league idiot instead of leading.

As is too often the case at IU, 100% of the team's problems is between the ears.  They'll look great at home and then fall apart against mediocre teams on the road. SMH...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1