Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

I just watched. My father in law spoiled the game with a text saying ‘this IU team sucks’. So, I fast forwarded through a lot of it.

That game was a high school game. Or maybe a game you see guys playing at the Y who can’t make the high school team. Rutgers was a joke. We were a joke. I don’t know how many air balls there were. Just a sorry display of basketball all-around. 

I’m so glad I didn't’ watch that horse shit live. 

I just don't’ know where we go from here. Don’t know where we’re going short-term. Don’t know where we’re going long term. It’s not a great feeling. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What's really disappointing about XJ, is beyond the ejection, up to that point he was playing almost worse than his performance at Nebraska. 

IU may be young, but you're definitely not winning on the road when your 6th year senior point guard is your worst "can't play on the road" offender, and your other senior guard has lost all confidence in his shot. 

The ejection was unwarranted. I’ve watched the replay a number of times and X did not intentionally make contact, if anything it was the Rutger player’s fault. The forearm shiver should’ve been an ejection and suspension. X at worst should’ve been an F1. Typically poor officiating.

Edited by Courtsensetwo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Courtsensetwo said:

The ejection was unfair. I’ve watched the replay a number of times and X did not intentionally make contact, if anything it was the Rutger player’s fault. The forearm shiver should’ve been an ejection and suspension. X at worst should’ve been an F1. Typically poor officiating.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Just now, Courtsensetwo said:

The ejection was unfair. I’ve watched the replay a number of times and X did not intentionally make contact, if anything it was the Rutger player’s fault. The forearm shiver should’ve been an ejection and suspension. X at worst should’ve been an F1. Typically poor officiating.

Watch the last replay. It looked like X was wiping the guys ass from the front. The fact that he did that is actually kind of disturbing - it went beyond a nut tap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Watch the last replay. It looked like X was wiping the guys ass from the front. The fact that he did that is actually kind of disturbing - it went beyond a nut tap. 

He said “nut tap”. 😂😂😂 And I’m laughing uncontrollably about him “wiping the guys ass from the front”. Appreciate the laugh!

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

We are half way through the season and I am afraid this team is who they are and don't see it changing.

Indiana isn't what we hoped but gosh darnit we still have each other and we can make this forum the best friggin' Indiana hoops forum the internet has ever seen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BGleas said:

How did we not once in the first half go to the XJ, Galloway, Gunn, Walker, Reneau lineup?

Against any team with a pulse you can't have both Reneau and Ware out, and you can never have Sparks, Banks and Walker in together. 

Absolutely insane to have a Cupps, Gunn, Banks, Walker, Sparks lineup in. How can you be a real coach and play that lineup in a real game?

Absurd lineups!!! Beyond mad…how can you coach for so long and not have a better clue than that??? I thought Crean had bad lineup decisions….I’m exhausted by Woodson in his lineup decisions and defensive scheme…he’s not the guy. 

• Like 1

As far as I’m concerned, I’m ready to call the Woodson experiment a failure.

It’s like he didn’t learn a $&@!&@#* thing from Bob Knight. Like he was never even taught the game.

We suck at free throws. We suck at boxing out. We suck at rebounding on both ends. We suck at valuing the ball and intelligent passing. We suck at shooting. We suck at defense, substitution, roster building, energy, and mental toughness.

We are neither good nor consistent at any of those things. We are not even an adequately functioning division one team.

This isn’t the most balanced or talented roster we’ve ever had but there’s too much talent here to explain these guys being this bad.

I have to conclude that its a coaching/system problem.

Tell Mike to go home, give the keys to Calbert for the rest of the season and then hire Michael Lewis or Dusty May or someone with proven success at the end of the season.

This is worse than bad.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This program needs to start recruiting basketball players and not stars. They need to recruit well rounded players who has a high basketball IQ. They need to construct a team with guards who can shoot and score.

If only our staff had an off-season to address this! 

50 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Last Woodson post game quote I’ll share…you can’t make this up. He may have been coached by Coach Knight but he does and acts almost exactly opposite. 

369F7976-B81B-4F39-89B9-E26059F2FB5B.jpeg

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard an IU coach say. 

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This program needs to start recruiting basketball players and not stars. They need to recruit well rounded players who has a high basketball IQ. They need to construct a team with guards who can shoot and score.

Completely agree with this… it’s what Indiana used to do. Back when we were good and successful.

It’s also what Butler and Purdue began to do.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The thing is, this has nothing to do with knowing basketball. It is just stupidity and denying reality.

Woody shows how well he knows basketball with his out of bounds plays, they’re elite. But he’s also stubborn as hell and absolutely refuses to adjust. It isn’t new with him, this is who he is. He needs to do some self reflection. 

• Like 5

I know how some of you guys love analytics.  I've highlighted below three 11-5 teams in the Kenpom rankings.  The teams in the 75th & 76th spots are in lesser conferences and have played EASIER schedules than the team in 92nd.  So, how are they ranked ahead of the 92nd team?  The simple answer is they don't turn in performances like IU did tonight.  IU, on occasion, has shown they can play at a higher level.  The problems with this team run deep.  

image.png.4a271086fdf447e4dfd02d9ca58628c7.png

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I know how some of you guys love analytics.  I've highlighted below three 11-5 teams in the Kenpom rankings.  The teams in the 75th & 76th spots are in lesser conferences and have played EASIER schedules than the team in 92nd.  So, how are they ranked ahead of the 92nd team?  The simple answer is they don't turn in performances like IU did tonight.  IU, on occasion, has shown they can play at a higher level.  The problems with this team run deep.  

image.png.4a271086fdf447e4dfd02d9ca58628c7.png

Fax a copy of this to Woody...