Rutgers Post Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At least I got to see IU win 3 championships and see them be an elite program. I don't know if I will ever get to see that again. Just totally unacceptable 

I feel the same way. I’m 70 years old, and beginning to think I won’t see another championship in my lifetime. 🙁

• Sad 1

I can handle losing, but I can’t handle losing in such an embarrassing fashion. Every single game on neutral/away floor against a decent team we get run out of the gym. We all knew we lacked perimeter scoring, but the careless turnovers, poor FT shooting, poor basketball IQ/senseless decisions (X, Mac) and poor intensity and effort (especially on the glass) should not be this bad this late in the season. 

I said it already but tonight further proves my argument that we’re in purgatory with this staff. 

I can give them the rest of the month to turn it around until for the first time ever I won’t watch games and just check the box score if we won. 

Edited by Hoosierdave

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

not sure why i get singled out, but all i'm saying is, don't go crazy after this loss, then come back after we beat MN at home and be all excited.  this is where we are.  sucks.  not gonna fire Woodson, but we ain't they guy.  X is not the leader we need.  the offcourt crap and oncourt crap matter.  i'll always watch and cheer on our team, but dang this sucks.  

Not me. Woodson sucks, this team sucks and we will not be playing in the post season. Dolson needs to make a change and get rid of Grandpa!

I can't even stand to watch the horse crap play and coaching.

• Like 2

Really apparent at this point that neither Mgbako or Ware are NBA ready... I think we'll see them both back next year...Ware had decent numbers (13 points, 17 boards), but he looked like he was just throwing the ball at the basket... 

But our senior leadership leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to getting this young team to play on the road... 

If I was the coach, XJ would sit the next game as well... 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

In 2016 I remember watching IU’s sweet sixteen game against UNC and being incredibly frustrated at what I was watching. I was 22. 

Little did I know that would be the last sweet sixteen before turning 30. This program is running out of chances to return to glory. 

Really disappointing to watch these types of games and see highly-ranked players play like a terrible team. 

My oldest is 24. Told him 5 years ago as a freshman at IU that it’s a damn shame he’ll likely never get to see IU as an elite program. I think the self-inflicted damage is far too reversible.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

No way anyone can defend this showing. Airballs, turnovers, dumbfounding decisions, 4-15 from the free throw line. What a complete shit show. Simply a disaster. This team has no heart, they don’t care.  Also, Rutgers is absolutely awful. 

4-15 FT, 19 Rutger offensive rebounds, and 18 IU turnovers. All signs of undisciplined play and poor fundamentals. Completely unacceptable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Not sure why anybody would be surprised with that game.

4-15 FT 😂

19 OR given up

18 Turnovers

Terrible substitutions

Dumb player decisions

Just a complete shit show, but what I expected. 

I would also add that they didn’t care. This was a piss poor lack of caring.

8 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

not sure why i get singled out, but all i'm saying is, don't go crazy after this loss, then come back after we beat MN at home and be all excited.  this is where we are.  sucks.  not gonna fire Woodson, but we ain't they guy.  X is not the leader we need.  the offcourt crap and oncourt crap matter.  i'll always watch and cheer on our team, but dang this sucks.  

You don’t get singled out at all

• Like 2

Just now, HoosierFaithful said:

How are we so tall and play such big lineups yet consistently so bad at rebounding?  I feel like those things shouldn’t even be possible

A product of being soft, not determined, not caring or hustling. Truly a joyless team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Single most gutless performance I’ve seen in 52 years. I’ve seen some undermanned IU teams play bad but tonight was the most embarrassing, pathetic display of basketball I’ve seen maybe ever as an IU fan. 

There have been worse but tonight wasn't very good.  I know this is the optimistic part of our fanbase as far as online presence goes, so I have been treading lightly this year because I know people didn't want to hear it, but tonight wasn't a surprise.  We haven't played very well all year.  We are on life support and are going to need to see a miracle to make the NCAA tournament this year.

I think the thing that is most frustrating is that our team and staff has done the definition of insanity for 3 years now.  It is the same mistakes and from year to year and game to game.  Woodson isn't going anywhere next year but some of the assistants need to go.  Something needs a shake up.  (And I am not talking guys like Calbert and Jordy, I mean actual named bench assistants.  They need to bring in a teacher instead of having 3 recruiters.)

Not much to say. Pretty predictable, and just a horrible performance from the coaching staff on down to the players. 

Horrendous lineups especially in the first half. It's like the coaching staff met these players for the first time tonight and knew nothing about them. 

Back to the two bigs clogging the paint again for the most part. The offensive system is like one step forward, two steps back. 

Then of course the players. Ridiculous turnovers, rebounding, free throw shooting and shooting in general. 

Just a really bad effort from top to bottom.  

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Just sent my email to Dolson. I know the ridicule will come but this is just an unacceptable performance. The problem is we see ing this kind of performance by o much this year 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

But our senior leadership leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to getting this young team to play on the road... 

I’m really tired of the young team thing. IA ST just beat #2 Houston. In the post game one of their players said “we’re a really young team that keeps growing.” Well that really young team just beat the only remaining unbeaten team. 

• Like 1