Texas Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am a lot better during games than I use to and even today I had to watch my mouth a few times.  I was so bad that my family did not want to be around me because how I acted during games.  I would throw things and knock over furniture when we were playing bad.  When my kids were getting bigger and my daughter did not want to be in the house during any of my teams games it made me realize it is time to change.

"Like a Scott in a china shop."

😁

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Bustout said:

And their SR guard is solid.  But, if they don’t have a big inside presence, IU should match up well. IU didn’t match up well today - needed to hit outside shots. Inside was taken away due to their interior size and length. 

With that said, UNC is young and not sure how good they are.  Hopefully IU bounces back tomorrow.  It’s very possible Texas wins it all and IU lost to the best team in the field today. 

biggest concern is 3rd game in 3 days for all these teams.  Hard to get an accurate gauge.   Hopefully TJD and Rob have a fire tomorrow. 

UNC had 24 turnovers and still own the game

Just now, IUFLA said:

"Like a Scott in a china shop."

😁

Embarrassed to say but yes I was.  I just had to realize that the outcome of a game did not effect my life in one bit.  If my teams wins a championship my life is no different and after a few days people forget it and move on.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am a lot better during games than I use to and even today I had to watch my mouth a few times.  I was so bad that my family did not want to be around me because how I acted during games.  I would throw things and knock over furniture when we were playing bad.  When my kids were getting bigger and my daughter did not want to be in the house during any of my teams games it made me realize it is time to change.

Yeah I’m not that dramatic. But I have to admit I get my hopes up and what I saw today against a decent team was very similar to what I saw last year. Overall last year was pretty disappointing imo (barely making the tournament is not what I would call a success) so I got that sinking feeling we are going to have a repeat. I hate going into the B1G tournament with basically no shot at winning it and needing to win games just to make the NCAAs. Too much stress.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I’m not that dramatic. But I have to admit I get my hopes up and what I saw today against a decent team was very similar to what I saw last year. Overall last year was pretty disappointing imo (barely making the tournament is not what I would call a success) so I got that sinking feeling we are going to have a repeat. I hate going into the B1G tournament with basically no shot at winning it and needing to win games just to make the NCAAs. Too much stress.

I would say last year making the tournament is a step in the right direction and never know how we would have done in it.  Once we are established then just making the tournament is not good enough but it takes small steps.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I didn't say solely responsible but i believe we are part of the problem with recruiting.  we have even seen a couple of recruits family and come out and talk about the fans.

This is such a lie that you keep saying every year but doesn’t affect any other schools with passionate fans. Heck are fans are the reason some come to IU because we’re loyal and show up so just stop with this bs line. 

1 minute ago, Indiana8585 said:

This is such a lie that you keep saying every year but doesn’t affect any other schools with passionate fans. 

How is it a lie because it is an opinion and my opinion some fans hurt the recruiting. We know there has been parents of players on these boards so it is very possible recruits and their families look at them as well.  Lagow's dad was on the football board all the time getting into it with fans when they criticized Richard/

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How is it a lie because it is an opinion and my opinion some fans hurt the recruiting. We know there has been parents of players on these boards so it is very possible recruits and their families look at them as well.  Lagow's dad was on the football board all the time getting into it with fans when they criticized Richard/

It’s your opinion fine but you recite it as gospel and it’s NOT. Without the fans IU would be nothing now but yet we keep showing up. So just stop blaming the fans it’s pathetic and sad. If a player is that sensitive then big time college hoops isn’t for them but hey I know you like acting like the saint on here and try and put down anyone who isn’t happy with this performance in year 4. Must get pretty chilly up on that high horse. 

5 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

It’s your opinion fine but you recite it as gospel and it’s NOT. Without the fans IU would be nothing now but yet we keep showing up. So just stop blaming the fans it’s pathetic and sad. If a player is that sensitive then big time college hoops isn’t for them but hey I know you like acting like the saint on here and try and put down anyone who isn’t happy with this performance in year 4. Must get pretty chilly up on that high horse. 

I remember a player who committed to UW but after how fans talked about him he then went to Marquette.  I think his name was Blue and he ended up having a very good college career and played a few years in the NBA.  By the way I am not happy with the product I saw today but I don't think the sky is falling after one bad game.

16 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

This is such a lie that you keep saying every year but doesn’t affect any other schools with passionate fans. Heck are fans are the reason some come to IU because we’re loyal and show up so just stop with this bs line. 

Yeah, I don’t buy this either. I could maybe see Indians kids affected by the fans because they grow up around it. But even then we’re basically calling those kids ignorant because they are smart enough to figure out that it doesn’t just happen in Indiana. This may be harsh, and some may disagree, but I don’t want the kids that are “afraid” to come here. I’m not excusing idiot fans that go over the top, but that’s life unfortunately. People go over the top in all facets. You quickly learn to do your thing, work hard, try to make good decisions, and do your best. I’ve lived in KY my entire life around ignorant, abusive fans and it doesn’t stop kids from going there.  @IU Scott I agree with you about CAM right now, but I don’t agree with you on this. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

You can tell not having a full off season of work and teams having to shut down has effected some if the play we have seen.

I think that is pretty accurate. Unfortunately those two teams get the benefit of the doubt on that. We don’t exactly deserve that. Hope it’s true though, and still think we’re on an upward trajectory. 

8 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think that is pretty accurate. Unfortunately those two teams get the benefit of the doubt on that. We don’t exactly deserve that. Hope it’s true though, and still think we’re on an upward trajectory. 

I am not talking  about just us or this game but a lot of bad play so far

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Is Al playing?? I haven’t heard how bad his injury was. Radio made it sound very very bad.

I don't we think see Al until Christmas honestly...and that's just if it was a bad sprain. That was a 90 degree snap. Not tomorrow for sure and I'd be surprised if he's back by Butler even in limited minutes. If he gets back before....God love rehab. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't we think see Al until Christmas honestly...and that's just if it was a bad sprain. That was a 90 degree snap. Not tomorrow for sure and I'd be surprised if he's back by Butler even in limited minutes. If he gets back before....God love rehab. 

It is time for Lander to step up and be a contributor and that doesn't mean just scoring

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember a player who committed to UW but after how fans talked about him he then went to Marquette.  I think his name was Blue and he ended up having a very good college career and played a few years in the NBA.  By the way I am not happy with the product I saw today but I don't think the sky is falling after one bad game.

Was Vander. My wife's cousin was his teacher in high school. He used that as a reason and semi cheap out to deflect. That recruitment was odd to say the least. That's why when I hear kids talk about fans or have reporters talk about fans....it's a cheap out and look. Rarely the truth. Just my two cents as always. 

Archived