Texas Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Did you see the Texas kids today? You didn't notice the athleticism? The quickness? The jumping ability?

If that is all that matters then how was Davidson able to take them to the wire and we were beat from the get go? I agree Texas is a good team but they aren’t any better than what we will face in the B1G this season.

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

just realized how this can suck even more.  i assumed UNC would win today.  if they lose we play them.  if they beat us i get to hear all about it from all of the Tar Heel fans here.  ugh.  

I would love a chance to salvage a bad game by getting the chance to rebound against UNC.

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You are picking out individual games. This has been this way since Archie got here. There is zero consistency. We could knock off Gonzaga tomorrow if we played them and lose the next 10. That is maddening IMO. I know good basketball when I see it and we have not seen it here for a long time.  Beating MSU every year is not what we should hang our hats on. Finishing ahead of them in conference yes

Come on man. CAM had sh@& the first year. Crean left him with almost as much garbage as he came into. This is his first full cycle of recruits and we’re quitting on him? He’s recruited better than any of the previous guys going back to Knight. It takes time, certainly longer than a few years of dealing with an incomplete roster that he didn’t choose. If we’re in the same boat two years from now, then fine. But all this “coach” talk is crazy and ridiculously pre-mature. Recruiting is substantially better as is the defense. He doesn’t deserve more time to improve the offense as well, which IMO from a set perspective looks much better / faster?? If TJD AND others didn’t miss a thousand bunnies today everybody’s mood would be different. Some accountability for the players is important. Plus, we’re 3 games in and just played back to back games against tournament teams. I’m a little disappointed CAM hasn’t successfully brought in a grad transfer or freshman shooter that can light it up immediately, but I’m not quitting on him yet. Hell of a lot better playing solid D most games with quality effort than watching us score 100 every game but give up 120. Again, I’m not quitting on him yet. 

I DVRed the game. Walking out of work someone said we weren’t looking good. I guess they were right. 

It looks like we regressed to the mean today. Will we rebound from this or will Providence be this year’s Marquette or Florida’s St?  Who knows. I grow more pessimistic by the day. I hate that, but it is what it is. 

We had better rebound quick or we could be looking at a three game losing streak. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

If that is all that matters then how was Davidson able to take them to the wire and we were beat from the get go? I agree Texas is a good team but they aren’t any better than what we will face in the B1G this season.

I never said that's all that matters. I said we were up against a really talented team that has a lot of athleticism...I said very early in the game thread that I could tell it bothered us. A lot. 

Against Davidson, they shot 48% and Davidson shot well over 50%. I watched that game. Davidson made a lot of shots under pressure. We didn't. We couldn't even make the open shots today. 

It's all about improving during the year and competing in the B10. Not the 3rd game of the season in a Holiday Tourney. Let's get 10-12 games in before we start waving the white flag and usher CAM out of town.

While I’m bummed IU lost I’m not mad and don’t really care whether we fire coach Archie or keep him another four years just see the writing on the wall he definitely isn’t a national championship coach all I’m hoping for is a big ten championship at least so keeping my hopes to see that. But while I’m not as angry as most fans are with this embarrassing loss. I do see red flags on this  offense’s philosophy largely staying the same from last year were we supposedly sold many future recruits on being different this year that’s the problem I have right now not so much the losses we will see this year because the future don’t look bright if Archie doesn’t change something in the way IU looks to score. Recruits don’t like coaches who sell them b.s about changing the offense that’s what coach underwood admitted last year when he had to change the way he coach his system which to his benefit worked. 

I’m so confused...half the people are making excuses for Archie that he has recruited so well because he has 3 consecutive Indiana mr basketballs and the talent is so much better than what Crean had and yet at the same time saying we don’t have the athletes or or top recruits to compete with a top 25 team...which is it?? Anyways it was a horrible performance but hopefully it is an outlier in a good season...the problem is we have seen this type of performance too many times before and we are having flash backs to Archie seasons past.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I’m so confused...half the people are making excuses for Archie that he has recruited so well because he has 3 consecutive Indiana mr basketballs and the talent is so much better than what Crean had and yet at the same time saying we don’t have the athletes or or top recruits to compete with a top 25 team...which is it?? Anyways it was a horrible performance but hopefully it is an outlier in a good season...the problem is we have seen this type of performance too many times before and we are having flash backs to Archie seasons past.

So honest question...would you be for letting Archie go after this year if this team has basically the same season as last year, with IU making the tournament?

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Texas would be 5th or 6th in the BIG this year.  Not a good sign getting dominated by a good not great team.

You know fellas, it wasn't all that long ago when some of our wonderful posters said that the IU fan base was apathetic.  I laughed at and had disparaging things to sayto them(respectfully of coarse).  I apologize to each and every one of you.  Apathy has set in for me.

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Come on man. CAM had sh@& the first year. Crean left him with almost as much garbage as he came into. This is his first full cycle of recruits and we’re quitting on him? He’s recruited better than any of the previous guys going back to Knight. It takes time, certainly longer than a few years of dealing with an incomplete roster that he didn’t choose. If we’re in the same boat two years from now, then fine. But all this “coach” talk is crazy and ridiculously pre-mature. Recruiting is substantially better as is the defense. He doesn’t deserve more time to improve the offense as well, which IMO from a set perspective looks much better / faster?? If TJD AND others didn’t miss a thousand bunnies today everybody’s mood would be different. Some accountability for the players is important. Plus, we’re 3 games in and just played back to back games against tournament teams. I’m a little disappointed CAM hasn’t successfully brought in a grad transfer or freshman shooter that can light it up immediately, but I’m not quitting on him yet. Hell of a lot better playing solid D most games with quality effort than watching us score 100 every game but give up 120. Again, I’m not quitting on him yet. 

I never once said anything about replacing him. We can keep him for 5he next 20 years thats fine with me but don't expect the results to change much. Asl yourself a serious question are we that much better now than when he got here. I for one just want to see consistency thats it. Either mostly play terrible or mostly play well. We have seen this every year. The only consistency is we are on a constant roller coaster and in year 4 we still have no legit 3 point sniper. That you cannot even debate. Archie nor his most loyal supporters could either

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Be careful i argued that a week ago and everyone thought i was emotional and needed some therapy or were drunk or something. You are dead on my friend

Just now, IUFLA said:

So honest question...would you be for letting Archie go after this year if this team has basically the same season as last year, with IU making the tournament?

I would give him 5 years unless someone became available that we can’t help but take a run at...I don’t know who that would be. That said I don’t begrudge people that think we should. I’m pretty indifferent on Archie honestly.  I generally like his attitude and personality and mind set but I’ve have huge question marks that his basketball philosophy will work at Indiana.

28 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So I said this in the game thread and I am waiting to get pounded for it, so I'll say it again... a popular theme on this board is that recruiting rankings or numbers don't matter.  I'd like to point out that according to 247 recruiting if you take TJD out these are today's starters rankings coming into college:

Race 134

RP 135

Franklin 151

Durham 230

I still say talent matters.  Not really advocating to fire CAM after game 2 of this season, but would be okay if we knew of some home run hire like someone mentioned before.  I just don't think that opportunity is there.  Unfortunately this year's freshmen are nice role players and we are facing one of our most disappointing recruiting classes ever in 2021.  

I never want the one and done players but we do have to start getting more 20-75 type of players.  by the way this is game 3 of the season

39 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Donovan just signed a contract and Stevens had no desire to come back to college.

Nothing in your response proves my statement wrong.  We are not getting Donovan after he just went to the Bulls but after years of being in Boston the right dollar amount would make Brad sweat it out to truly see if he doesn’t want to come back to college.  I like you but your posts are always so absolute and black and white, the real world is much more grey.

32 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So I said this in the game thread and I am waiting to get pounded for it, so I'll say it again... a popular theme on this board is that recruiting rankings or numbers don't matter.  I'd like to point out that according to 247 recruiting if you take TJD out these are today's starters rankings coming into college:

Race 134

RP 135

Franklin 151

Durham 230

I still say talent matters.  Not really advocating to fire CAM after game 2 of this season, but would be okay if we knew of some home run hire like someone mentioned before.  I just don't think that opportunity is there.  Unfortunately this year's freshmen are nice role players and we are facing one of our most disappointing recruiting classes ever in 2021.  

To add some more context, here are the rankings for the team that just ran us out of Ashville. Nearly their entire team was ranked higher than our starting 5 outside TJD. 

Baker 35

Brown 9

Coleman 52

Hepa 58

K Jones 51

Liddell 49

Ramey 43

Sims 53

Williams 73

Hamm 90

Febres 91

Cunningham 212

A Jones 29

I have been a fierce Archie advocate and I'm not calling for his job at this point. You can't ignore the discrepancy though. Maybe Shaka is next best hire..

Edit: Missed Andrew Jones

Archived