Iowa Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Woody will probably be fined for his comment but I’d be demanding an explanation this. Very clear tech signal. 

And any other coach in any other league other than the big 10 gets tossed. But not the big 10 because we have blind and corrupt officials in every damn sport 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

1. The fact that Fran was not t’d up for trying to fight our bench is an embarrassment.

2. I think our defense officially is not very good.

3. If Race is out for a significant amount of time, we need to adjust expectations. If we came into the year without X and Race, we would not have been big ten contenders.

X ‘s defense is missed tremendously especially in a game like this. IU is only as good as their defense 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Woody will probably be fined for his comment but I’d be demanding an explanation this. Very clear tech signal. 

About time he tries to stand up and protect your team. I have hoped he would get on the refs more because it obviously worked tonight for Fran

Edited by IU Scott

Geronimo simply doesn’t have it between the ears when it comes to basketball. Outside of maybe Hanner, I’m not sure I’ve seen someone so lost on the floor. Sad thing is…this is year 3. If he doesn’t get it now, he never will. He has absolutely killed us with his lack of understanding of the game. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Geronimo  was 4 of 6 before being  taken out, had a few nice defensive plays at the rim too.  Did you actually watch?

Geronimo played the worst game I’ve ever seen. Besides the fact that he couldn’t guard his shadow, three times we had guys pass the ball to him and he was completely clueless, he had the dumbest player ever on the offensive goaltend… the kid had no idea what was going on.

Sure, he’s a freak athlete and did some okay things, but he killed us tonight. 

• Like 5

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Geronimo played the worst game I’ve ever seen. Besides the fact that he couldn’t guard his shadow, three times we had guys pass the ball to him and he was completely clueless, he had the dumbest player ever on the offensive goaltend… the kid had no idea what was going on.

Don't forget the 0-3 from the line

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Thats the 2nd time he's done that this year. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Wow…Conner Mccaffery being interviewed and just said about Indiana…”We went zone and they had no idea what to do. I don’t know if they had ever seen it before.” 

YIKES

Yet we still scored 89 on them. Don't think offense was the problem tonight

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

This!

If you watch it. Coach Ya tells Fran to "back is a$$ up".

The ref then untually calls a tech on Ya. That's what the signal was for.....then waived off.

It is about time for Mike to go off!! Love that he is bringing IU back .  Tired of being on the wrong side of all the CALLS

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Took to long to take Geronimo out and go small

Same thing happened with Kennesaw St. good thing they suck. Took forever for him to stop helping on the interior. And then took forever for him to pull Race out to the top of the key. 

Rebounding is dreadful

We still can’t hit free throws

We still stand around on offense. 

perhaps I’m over-reacting in the heat of the moment. But it’s the same problems over and over again. He keeps getting out coached. CMW needs to improve. 

• Like 3

The thing about our offense I would like to see is actual player movement and some screens off the ball to get guys open. We just stand around and just post TJD up and go from there. Why not move TJD around and cross screen to get TJD to the ball side it have him screen for a shooter then post up.

• Like 2