IUBB Off-season 2023

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Were your eyeballs on any other teams and their injury situations?

Just a cursory look at the Big 10 shows that only Michigan losing Llewellyn was anywhere close to the affect that losing XJ was to us...

But both XJ and Race were injured on the court getting tangled up with other players... JHS's back was a flare up from an old high school injury... Trayce's back was due to a fall early in the year... I think only Galloway's sports hernia and Geronimo's calf could be cited for any over use or over training...

The kids all seem to love Clif, and they single him out for praise a lot... If they thought over training was an issue, I'm sure one of them would speak up... 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

If.... Clif "sucks" (not my words)... Woodson is incompetent for allowing him to stay on staff. 

Of course, maybe our analysis of the situation is wrong, that could always be possible. ;)

I was thinking if Clif was anywhere near as bad as some people claim, I would think people above Woodson would take issue

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

So only 6 more teams out of 68 had more guys ruled out due to injury. Sorry i said 5%, its actually 8%. thats not good.

all D1 teams we'd be in the top 5%.

The issue is you blaming it on Clif. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

More than possible your boy Woodson is to blame. 👍

Edited by btownqb

8 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

You guys are so defensive. Maybe you all go to church with him or something. I cant stand the guy

Nobody is defensive. You're allowed to not like Clif Marshall, your prerogative of course. 

But, you're going to get pushback when you make baseless claims about IU having more injuries than other teams, being in the top 5% of injured teams, etc., with no data attached to it. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Nobody is defensive. You're allowed to not like Clif Marshall, your prerogative of course. 

But, you're going to get pushback when you make baseless claims about IU having more injuries than other teams, being in the top 5% of injured teams, etc., with no data attached to it. 

The chart proved my point

• Confused 1

Just now, btownqb said:

There is so much "luck" involved its wild to blame it on one person. Race and XJs injuries (which account for a huge portion of our missed games) had absolutely nothing to do with CM.

Right. The two biggest "games lost" injuries for IU last year had absolutely nothing to do with strength, conditioning or anything under Clif's perview. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

How can you look at that chart and not see that injuries are a serious issue with our team. There are very few in front of us with guys ruled out. And that only shows a small sample. We are easily in the top 5% of D1 teams. 

Should we put them in bubble wrap to make sure someone doesn't dive into Race's knee or twist XJs foot? 

Those two make up over 50% of our missed games... 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1