Nebraska Post Game

Woody doesn’t know how to coach at this level. He’s a great guy who was a pretty good NBA coach but that style of play doesn’t work with this team and his substitution patterns are puzzling.
This team failed miserably in every fundamental category tonight. 

• Like 1

Mediocre.  The whole program is just mediocre.  I don't know what is worse, having seen what this program could be and then have it be just a train wreck for 25 years or to be someone who has never seen that and just has seen mediocre to bad most of their lives.

Tonight is why the metrics people have been ringing alarm bells.  "Potential" doesn't mean jack-sh*t if you never do anything with it.  We do the same dumb stuff that loses games that we have been doing for three years and it seems like we have to relearn the same stupid lessons every year.  Woodson isn't it.  He may get us some stability but I haven't seen anything on the court in these 2.5 years that leads me to believe that he is anything but a bridge to whomever is next.  And he is also a guy who doesn't have the luxury of "rebuilds" IMO.  He needs to win now.  65 year old coaches don't have many years to burn.  At a certain point you don't have much future to point to.  You have to win now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Woody doesn’t know how to coach at this level. He’s a great guy who was a pretty good NBA coach but that style of play doesn’t work with this team and his substitution patterns are puzzling.
This team failed miserably in every fundamental category tonight. 

This isn't an NBA style of play. That's almost my bigger issue with Woodson, I thought we'd look more like an NBA team, at least from a skill/guard perspective. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Can we have CTC back?  What a pathetic effort.  I was mad that the Colts are playing at the same time on Saturday.  Not anymore.  I know what I'll be watching.

I thought of CTC tonight as well.

This whole program just seems plain lazy and pathetic.  

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This isn't an NBA style of play. That's almost my bigger issue with Woodson, I thought we'd look more like an NBA team, at least from a skill/guard perspective. 

I don’t care what style of play we use. No style will work without executing the most basic fundamentals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1