BTT Nebraska Game Thread

Just now, Kdug said:

NBA players have bad games too. He’s been pretty consistently great for the last month before this game.

It’s no coincidence that his great stretch led to the win streak. We might be in it eyeball deep next year without him, a suitable replacement, or a new offensive philosophy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't bro. I love IU more as much as I can. Every single time I walk into the joint I feel privileged. I'm just tired of this stuff....I'll be back up in a few weeks but man this is difficult. 

Tired right there with you.  I think I would do a more aggressive reset than you though...

• Like 1

Just now, Euroclydon said:

Gunn and Banks added virtually nothing to the team this season and that really hurt the team. Gunn may return but I'm not sure what he brings. Banks has to be wondering how he's worse than what he's been watching from the bench but the reality is he's worse. So he's gone. 

Gunn wont return. Woodson can’t mess around. Gunn will get nudged out if he doesn’t tranfer on his own.

3 minutes ago, Kdug said:

NBA players have bad games too. He’s been pretty consistently great for the last month before this game.

Agree.  But his weaknesses are glaring tonight.  Mast easily handled him.  Body on body that is.   

Just now, John S said:

Agree.  But his weaknesses are glaring tonight.  Mast easily handled him.  Body on body that is.   

Mast was able to body Ware while relying on weak side help. Nebraska was never penalized for double teaming Ware in all 3 games. In the NBA Ware will have shooters and teammates moving constantly to places he can get them the ball. 

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Mgbako is the one guy on this team you can’t lose next year. 

He might bolt on principle when he starts looking ahead to what "talent" will surround him next year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Wasn't this the point against Michigan two years ago where we determined X running a pick and roll with a big man charging the rim was virtually unstoppable? Maybe try that again?

C'mon, tell me coach didn't read my post!

• Like 2