USC and UCLA to the Big Ten ?

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think we need to get to 22 teams and have essentially two separate conferences as divisions. Possibly something like:

B1G: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

PAC: Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Cal, Stanford, Notre Dame, Colorado (maybe?)

Could play the football championship every year in Pasadena as the winner of each division. Not sure if anyone has thought of something like this before, but I think it could work. 

Gotta break into Florida and Texas somehow.  

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think we need to get to 22 teams and have essentially two separate conferences as divisions. Possibly something like:

B1G: Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

PAC: Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Cal, Stanford, Notre Dame, Colorado (maybe?)

Could play the football championship every year in Pasadena as the winner of each division. Not sure if anyone has thought of something like this before, but I think it could work. 

Why two?  I like the idea of 3 division, maybe four depending on final number, but if three, do the champions of each with a wild card, the you can do a two game football championship for the conference and then get even more creative with the basketball maybe doing a mini march madness.

13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Be done with it already, have 2 super conferences of 120 teams and 60 divisions and subdivisions of 30 teams 15 other divisions. I'm so tired of money perverting everything in this world.  

Jesus Christ can anyone leave anything alone anymore!

Nope!  Not when there's money involved...big $$$.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Gotta break into Florida and Texas somehow.  

Agreed. All the growth is down  south. The Sunbelt States is where the future lies. I'd like ASU, TX, GA Tech and Fl St for those reasons. Of course you bring one, and then others want to come. See USC and UCLA.. 

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

There are rumors of Cal and Stanford as well.

With adequate exposure on the west coast now, not sure Cal and Stanford make sense. Maybe as backups. I'd prefer schools from AZ, TX or the southeast for geography reasons. But you probably need at least a pair from a region for it to make sense. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/38134021/big-ten-set-send-invites-oregon-washington-sources-say

Edited by Reacher

56 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

whats more interesting is that they seemingly accepted it.

They really don't have a choice and it will still be more than they would have received in the PAC or Little 12. They will have to wait until the next deal to get fully vested, unless some conversations are allowed prior to new media contract being up.

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

With adequate exposure on the west coast now, not sure Cal and Stanford make sense. Maybe as backups. I'd prefer schools from AZ, TX or the southeast for geography reasons. But you probably need at least a pair from a region for it to make sense. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/38134021/big-ten-set-send-invites-oregon-washington-sources-say

I want Stanford and Cal strictly for Academics and San Francisco/Silicon Valley, although Stanford is no slouch at sports (including Football) and Cal could be built up more with right investment a la Rutgers.  Bonus would be them helping attract further Notre Dame.  

Arizona appears to be only a vote away from joining little 12, although they would have been nice with the Phoenix area.  

With all of this, I also love that it will provide B1G with almost all day content regardless of timezone and up the ante in Baseball and some of the Olympic sports. 

Edited by IUALUM03

9 minutes ago, Reacher said:

in my biased opinion they should get FAU to join so i can attend games regularly :)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Arizona just announced they are heading to the Big 12.....

7 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

They really don't have a choice and it will still be more than they would have received in the PAC or Little 12. They will have to wait until the next deal to get fully vested, unless some conversations are allowed prior to new media contract being up.

I completely understand them jumping ship. 

I meant the B1G is going to get them as cheap as possible. so them accepting is more interesting than the offer. If it was a an issue there wouldnt be a deal.

Edited by ledies22

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There is going to be so many teams in these conferences, no way you can play everyone. There will never be a clear conf. winner going forward.

The same could be said about National Championships in some regards.  Once again, I look at this more PAC and B1G merging versus realignment.  So you can still have multiple (or at least 2) sub-leagues under the B1G banner with some cross league plays, then play it out in the post-season prior to the larger national championship events. 

Edited by IUALUM03