Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

45 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So just looking...

In his first 6 games, Trayce had 4 turnovers...

In his last 7 games he has 23...

Anyone have any insight to why that might be?

And for the record, I'm with @Steubenhoosier that Trayce brings the ball up the floor too much... 

Level of competition, quality of coaching and familiarity in scouting. The only quality opponent in the first six games was Xavier. 3 of his 4 TOs were in that game

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Level of competition, quality of coaching and familiarity in scouting. The only quality opponent in the first six games was Xavier. 3 of his 4 TOs were in that game

UNC, but I do agree level of competition does have some affect... But that drastic? 

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well

You know, it's really kind of laughable how far some will go to try to emphasize a point...

I assume she's related to Logan... And I see the comments about German Shepherds and quilting... But not posting her coaching resume must have just been oversight... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

My two cents is that he is not handling the post-up double well. He never really has. We really don't take any advantage when he gets double teamed. 

He's slow to read it and often reads it incorrectly. He's had several passing turnovers out of the double team recently. 

Agreed. Part of that is he and Race had a repore to know where he would be to shuffle it over etc. you see with Geronimo last night Trayce couldn’t figure out where to pass it. Secondly he is pressing and trying to force things because he knows we are down our scorers and trying to carry the team. Third…it’s clear as day he is hurting. He doesn’t have the same lift and elevation, flexibility, and power. His back has degraded him 25% id say. That’s a big drop off for a guy that doesn’t have a huge advantage other than athleticism. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Not much to say at this point other than the we look lost, clueless, rudderless, and mentally weak. Neither Woodson nor any of the original supporting cast among players appear to have the mental toughness to take on the B1G season when they can't sneak up on opponents anymore.

Why does seemingly everyone in the conference effectively leverage the 3-point shot but us? Certainly we have some guys whose forte should be precisely their shooting from deep. (D)efense w/ 80 points surrendered 3 straight against mediocre comp is pitiful. Flat out playing/competing like a bunch of losers right now.

Don't see how we push back on the implosion with Wiscy rolling in, but that's the level it would take. Looking for the Badger domination to continue and our anguish and embarrassment to fester. 

Rutgers wins without the 3 point shot. They average hitting 5.9 a game worse in the big ten.

1 hour ago, Coach Shep said:

They look good without him but horrible without Race

So this team turning into a turnover machine and the offense completely looking lost is a good? My God man….I get it there might be some better point guards in college basketball…maybe 1-2 in B1G…but there is no one on this roster better to run the team then XJ. No one!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

But the stats say otherwise

Number of wins per 40 min by each player

1.TJD    .264

2.Race   .179

3.Geronimo  .177

4.Bates    .150

5.Kopp .145

6.Galloway   .142

7. XJ    .131

8.Shifino  .117

So, your stats say he's our best PG.  Or, do you envision Geronimo running the point?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well

I agree totally. You think this year is bad, wait until next year. TJD, Race, Kopp, X and possibly JHS will be gone. Who on this team is going to replace them? Are the players coming in going to fill that void? Is our coaching staff good enough to build a quality team on both sides of the ball? 

The answer is NO! An incompetent athletic director hires mediocre coaches and unqualified coaches and this is the kind of trash football and basketball you get.

Buckle up, you ain't seen nothing yet!

• Like 3