IUBB Off-season 2023

27 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Some early projections here - https://bustingbrackets.com/2023/08/20/indiana-basketball-projected-starting-lineup-depth-chart-2023-24-season/

I like that they include projected minutes. 

Be forewarned that they have Walker starting at the 3 because TJD left. 🙄

Agree with 4 positions but not the SF.  Walker will be the backup 4 and not the starting 3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like we added a couple of wing/combo guards this morning. Jordan Rayford from Air Force and Jackson Creel from a JUCO I believe.

Some added depth at a position that may or may not need it. I think we still have that 1 scholarship for a reason.

@Between2Halls put it in the "Transfers with IU Interest" thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a lot of chatter lately about $, football $, basketball $....i.e. annual revenues for IU. Does anyone have a specific breakdown of both football and basketball revenues/expenses?

Reason I'm asking is couple folks online cite football as the $ driver for everything. He cited attendance but here's my question.

We have 8 home games this year in football (Louisville in Indy though) and besides the Ohio St game let's say we average 40k in attendance. That's 320k fans. Last year we had 273k fans in Assembly Hall for basketball for 17 regular season games and 2 exhibition games. This year we have 2 exhibition, 8 non conf home games, and 9 home games for 19.

I would just love to know the revenues because while football obviously has more fans per event 60-70% of those tickets have to be cheaper than 1 hoops game cheapest ticket.

Just curious is all. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Been a lot of chatter lately about $, football $, basketball $....i.e. annual revenues for IU. Does anyone have a specific breakdown of both football and basketball revenues/expenses?

Reason I'm asking is couple folks online cite football as the $ driver for everything. He cited attendance but here's my question.

We have 8 home games this year in football (Louisville in Indy though) and besides the Ohio St game let's say we average 40k in attendance. That's 320k fans. Last year we had 273k fans in Assembly Hall for basketball for 17 regular season games and 2 exhibition games. This year we have 2 exhibition, 8 non conf home games, and 9 home games for 19.

I would just love to know the revenues because while football obviously has more fans per event 60-70% of those tickets have to be cheaper than 1 hoops game cheapest ticket.

Just curious is all. 

Would assume tv revenues make the difference. Just a guess, but maybe IU’s share of football tv revenues from the Big10 are a lot more than basketball.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Would assume tv revenues make the difference. Just a guess, but maybe IU’s share of football tv revenues from the Big10 are a lot more than basketball.  🤷🏻‍♂️

And to be clear I know football drives the bus I just would like to see an actual breakdown and can't really find one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And to be clear I know football drives the bus I just would like to see an actual breakdown and can't really find one.

This may help, but it might be behind a pay wall?  But from I could gather(if I understood it) IUFB nearly tripes IUBB 3:1.  30 mil to 10 mil.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/indiana-university-bloomington/student-life/sports/

For some reason I can click on each individual sport and get a breakdown...except for basketball.

However, if you scroll down a bit you will see a bar graph that provides good information

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just curious is all. 

As far as revenues,  it's been a while but I think I saw football in the 50 million range and basketball around 25.  That was at least 2 years ago and a foggy memory.  

Profit, different story, idk.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/indiana-university-bloomington/student-life/sports/

For some reason I can click on each individual sport and get a breakdown...except for basketball.

However, if you scroll down a bit you will see a bar graph that provides good information

Thanks. I saw that graph when looking earlier and same thing. Couldn't find basketball but didn't scroll down far enough.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Just out of curiosity I'd love to know the TV contract breakdown for football and basketball. If you ever run across please share....because I think that's where were headed. Ohio St could say these 3 schools don't deserve what we get....and vice versa IU in hoops could say the same. Choppy waters.

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://www.collegeraptor.com/college-rankings/details/TopRevenue/Conference/Big-Ten-Conference/

I thought this was interesting as it breaks out by sport and ranks them for the BIG.  So Indiana football is the 11th most revenue generating team in the Big Ten while IU basketball is 15.

I'm not seeing the same numbers as you.  I did see IU basketball at #5 in the country.  

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://www.collegeraptor.com/college-rankings/details/TopRevenue/Conference/Big-Ten-Conference/

I thought this was interesting as it breaks out by sport and ranks them for the BIG.  So Indiana football is the 11th most revenue generating team in the Big Ten while IU basketball is 15.

And IU is 11th and 15th in the conference.  Michigan,  OSU,  and Purdue both listed twice.  Confused 

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Thank you sir! Now we're getting closer. Sorry I'm a numbers guy and when my brain goes into a hole I just like to know. So we more than double Northwestern, Penn St, Maryland, Iowa, and almost Wisconsin. Good to know. Basically 15-25% more than Sparty, Purdue, Illinois and others.

Just like having this information in the clip. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thank you sir! Now we're getting closer. Sorry I'm a numbers guy and when my brain goes into a hole I just like to know. So we more than double Northwestern, Penn St, Maryland, Iowa, and almost Wisconsin. Good to know. Basically 15-25% more than Sparty, Purdue, Illinois and others.

Just like having this information in the clip. Thanks!

You need to stop chasing rabbits!

• Like 1