IUBB Off-season 2023

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There are like 4 threads ppl post in during the offseason. IUBB offseason thread, debating whether one of our players is a better player than our rivals, at the exact same position, when one of the biggest Twitter follows of the offseason literally creates a poll, causing the debate.....and there's an issue with that? Crazy. 

This is more relevant than many of the other topics discussed here... or comments that are made here, even if they are about IU. I'd rather read about Loyer vs. Galloway or any Purdue player being compared to ours than some of the shit takes some dudes post on here that are IU fans. 

If we did a better job labeling threads, and others did a better job of taking the time to post in the correct thread, it would help, I agree, but this discussion isn't out of place. 

The comparison to Galloway went away about 2 pages ago. This began another discussion about a PU player, primarily led by one of their fans. 

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The comparison to Galloway went away about 2 pages ago. This began another discussion about a PU player, primarily led by one of their fans. 

The post right before was talking about Loyer. 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, iuthruandthru said:

I think it’s a new position.  Or the restructured an old one but I don’t think this role was filled previously that I can tell.

Think so too.. I don't think we had anyone in this role, before. Armond Hill's spot is still there, I assume and hope. 

Elston held this spot a couple of years ago, I believe. 

15 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Hell yes.....man I'm so glad he's back in the 812. Great addition and another past to present hybrid who understands the old school but has been a player and coach in the NBA for years that can bring another layer to the staff.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Think so too.. I don't think we had anyone in this role, before. Armond Hill's spot is still there, I assume and hope. 

Elston held this spot a couple of years ago, I believe. 

You and I are on the same page, was thinking Elston did this as well.  Just looked it up and confirmed and looks like no one since.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Inequality said:

💩 just got real. Calbert was huge for Crean. Players love him. Fans love him. Great news!

5 star players come on down!! Combined with Coach Woodson can’t get any better help than this for getting to the next level!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I wonder if this wasn’t already in the works when MM visited?

Had to be, but probably not disclosed. Things like this don't happen in an instant. New positions, or filling existing positions still need to go up the ladder for approval, even if it's a rubber stamp.

19 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Gunn working on his game.

I think if CJ gets serious in the weight room, works on his defense, shoots a ton of jumpers, and focuses on shot selection this summer, he can be a big part of the rotation next year... 

• Like 4