IUBB Off-season 2023

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Tough because they’re such different players and the age gap too. I’m obviously biased and would take Loyer and think he’ll end up being the better 4-year player than Galloway tbh. Loyer has first team all conference potential IMO. 

Ok, serioisly? 1st team all conference potential?  😲

• Like 2

Give me Galloway over Loyer everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Loyer may end up being a better player over the course of his career but for this season I’d take Galloway. As for Morton, I think he is incredibly average and I’m not sure I’d trade him for any of the guards or wings on our team currently. There’s a reason Brandon Newman was starting over him at the end of the season last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Absolutely. 

2022 1st team. You seriously think Loyer has this level of potential?

FIRST TEAM
KOFI COCKBURN, ILLINOIS
KEEGAN MURRAY, IOWA
E.J. Liddell, Ohio State
Jaden Ivey, Purdue
JOHNNY DAVIS, Wisconsin

No freaking way. He is, as BEST, Sasha Stevanovuch.....who was honorable mention.

He is not, nor will be, exceptionally better than Sasha.

• Like 4

I'm just going to say this. Give me Trey Galloway all day long. This guy can guard multiple positions and just in case some haven't noticed his 3 point shot improved greatly, has underrated athleticism and just sees the court. Every single tourney winning team has one like him.

In terms of him vs Loyer?? Not even close. Give me TG. Loyer and plenty of the others up there look good when you can dump it into a 7'4 guy who can dunk. Shoot Underwood was Coach of the year with Kofi.

31 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

FIRST TEAM
KOFI COCKBURN, ILLINOIS
KEEGAN MURRAY, IOWA
E.J. Liddell, Ohio State
Jaden Ivey, Purdue
JOHNNY DAVIS, Wisconsin

No freaking way. He is, as BEST, Sasha Stevanovuch.....who was honorable mention.

No one with a first name of Fletcher will ever be 1st team all B1G

• Haha 1

I'll throw this in here because it will get the most eyeballs. Seems Warren left a little bit of a mess. At first glance the numbers the Big 10 will owe isn't that big of a deal.....but it kind of makes Warren look like he did a splash deal, hit the road without buttoning things up.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37693310/big-ten-new-commissioner-television-deal-coaches-uncertainty

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll throw this in here because it will get the most eyeballs. Seems Warren left a little bit of a mess. At first glance the numbers the Big 10 will owe isn't that big of a deal.....but it kind of makes Warren look like he did a splash deal, hit the road without buttoning things up.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37693310/big-ten-new-commissioner-television-deal-coaches-uncertainty

And now he's the Bears President and CEO...

Oh, goodie! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

FIRST TEAM
KOFI COCKBURN, ILLINOIS
KEEGAN MURRAY, IOWA
E.J. Liddell, Ohio State
Jaden Ivey, Purdue
JOHNNY DAVIS, Wisconsin

He’ll be significantly better than Sasha. Don’t think that’s going to even be close either. I think he’s good enough to be a first team guy yeah. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm just going to say this. Give me Trey Galloway all day long. This guy can guard multiple positions and just in case some haven't noticed his 3 point shot improved greatly, has underrated athleticism and just sees the court. Every single tourney winning team has one like him.

In terms of him vs Loyer?? Not even close. Give me TG. Loyer and plenty of the others up there look good when you can dump it into a 7'4 guy who can dunk. Shoot Underwood was Coach of the year with Kofi.

I think it’s simple- if you need more offensive firepower, you’d take Loyer. If you want a defensive guy, you’d take Galloway. I’m taking the guy with a higher ceiling personally. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He’ll be significantly better than Sasha. Don’t think that’s going to even be close either. I think he’s good enough to be a first team guy yeah. 

Ok, I always respect ya. Bit this takes my trust in your basketball I.Q. down several notches.

He may become a solid  very good  Big Twn player. But first ream all conference is absolutely 100% ridiculous imo.   😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Ok, I always respect ya. Bit this takes my trust in your basketball I.Q. down several notches.

He may become a solid  very good  Big Twn player. But first ream all conference is absolutely 100% ridiculous imo.   😅

And that’s fine. We all have our opinions and this happens to be one of mine. I don’t think many folks had Edey pegged to win every NPOY award after his junior year but it happened. I think Loyer has the chance to be a first team guy. I could absolutely be wrong sure. But hey that’s what I’m going with for now lol. 

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I get pushback for calling out certain Smellermaker posters, but I could have been certain that the title of this thread was IUBB offseason. 
Maybe just me, but would prefer that this conversation happen elsewhere… or nowhere, for that matter.

There are like 4 threads ppl post in during the offseason. IUBB offseason thread, debating whether one of our players is a better player than our rivals, at the exact same position, when one of the biggest Twitter follows of the offseason literally creates a poll, causing the debate.....and there's an issue with that? Crazy. 

This is more relevant than many of the other topics discussed here... or comments that are made here, even if they are about IU. I'd rather read about Loyer vs. Galloway or any Purdue player being compared to ours than some of the shit takes some dudes post on here that are IU fans. 

If we did a better job labeling threads, and others did a better job of taking the time to post in the correct thread, it would help, I agree, but this discussion isn't out of place. 

Edited by btownqb