Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

58 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Saying he has terrible footwork might legit be one of the worst takes I’ve ever heard lol. He had a dunk where he spun away from the defender that was unreal. 

And I always love a good, “if so and so weren’t as tall, they wouldn’t be good.” It’s always worth a laugh. 

Oh NBA scouts have been salivating for years over his footwork. They just can’t wait until he is draft eligible…..

Edited by IndyHoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, IndyHoosier said:

Oh NBA scouts have been salivating for years over his footwork. They just can’t wait until he is draft eligible…..

I mean he’s a projected first rounder lol. 

There are certain things to knock him for but footwork certainly isn’t one of them. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Regardless of this game, PUke will not win a championship this season. A team with guards that can shoot and bigs that can play Edey to a draw or close to it will beat them. 

In the tournament there will not be the free throw disparity 

Curious which bigs can play Edey to a draw or close to a draw?

There is absolutely no way this can be explained away with anything other than gross incompetence or it was rigged. 

46 attempts to 8 attempts is absolutely absurd. I don't care if Purdue had Shaq, MJ, LeBron and Kobe, a 38 attempt discrepancy can't be explained. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean he’s a projected first rounder lol. 

There are certain things to knock him for but footwork certainly isn’t one of them. 

Extremely slow. Extremely. It’s why teams put him in pick and roll situations and eat him alive. This isn’t a Purdue board so I won’t keep entertaining the trash. He’s simply taller than everyone on the court, with a severe lack of basketball skill.

• Haha 1

IU packs the paint and forces teams to shoot jump shoots. Yet we are basically even on free throws for the year Edey draws a lot of fouls and that is legit. But he gets away with a lot of fouls because he is big. Can’t let him get with away it because he is big. 

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

There is absolutely no way this can be explained away with anything other than gross incompetence or it was rigged. 

46 attempts to 8 attempts is absolutely absurd. I don't care if Purdue had Shaq, MJ, LeBron and Kobe, a 38 attempt discrepancy can't be explained. 

Purdue fans are delusional about this. They honestly believe this outcome is nothing more than the result of “how they play drop coverage defense under Painter.”

It’s okay to admit that you got the beneficial end of the whistle. It doesn’t make you less of a fan.

Like I said earlier, this kind of officiating is hurting Purdue come tournament time.

The pu-NW game in the Hogbarn was another example of the Big Ten’s intentional bias in officiating. The disparity in fouls can’t be defended and anyone who watched this knows the could only be a scripted effort on the part of officials to elevate pu while hurting us. Scott continues to be aware of my dissatisfaction and call for a formal investigation and I am confident he is keeping conference officials fully up to date about the need for a formal investigation. What occurred at the tin barn last night can’t be allowed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue doesn’t foul much as a team though. They give up long jumpers and play drop coverage.  That’s how they play defense. NW was much more physical and likely even more so when they saw how poorly we were shooting free throws. 

"Purdue doesn't foul" and "Purdue doesn't get called for fouls" are two very different things. I believe you on the latter. But you're not going to convince me the FTR discrepancy from last night at all reflects reality. This conference officiates on a curve based on reputation, a hypothesis any fan base can validate for themselves when their team visits the Kohl Center. Congrats one being one of the lucky ones, I guess. Let's see how that works out for you in the Tournament... again.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Purdue fans are delusional about this. They honestly believe this outcome is nothing more than the result of “how they play drop coverage defense under Painter.”

It’s okay to admit that you got the beneficial end of the whistle. It doesn’t make you less of a fan.

Like I said earlier, this kind of officiating is hurting Purdue come tournament time.

It's bad for the entire conference too. It's holding the Big Ten back from evolving to modern basketball. 

Programs are building teams to contend with this, not the rest of the country. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

"Purdue doesn't foul" and "Purdue doesn't get called for fouls" are two very different things. I believe you on the latter. But you're not going to convince me the FTR discrepancy from last night at all reflects reality. This conference officiates on a curve based on reputation, a hypothesis any fan base can validate for themselves when their team visits the Kohl Center. Congrats one being one of the lucky ones, I guess. Let's see how that works out for you in the Tournament... again.

....the two Purdue guys always posting on here, both seem civil and respectful, but good grief.....SMH

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

....the two Purdue guys always posting on here, both seem civil and respectful, but good grief.....SMH

Yeah, this isn't personal. I don't have an issue with Stlboiler23 being here, but like c'mon guy, read the room, lol.

• Like 4

Last night’s officiating crew should be suspended immediately! They even missed the last play when Jones clearly hooked the NW player before he fell down out of bounds…and yes, a foul on NW.

Just wait until the tournament when they’re up against a SEC or an ACC officiating crew…they’re toast.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

At least show the entire video not a picture 

IMG_1368.mov

hahahahahaha that doesnt make it any better. 

I think that should have been a flagrant with the video. 

The defender has a right to that space, and actually stood his ground. Edey couldn't move him. He took his off arm, not attached to the ball making a basketball move and elbowed the dude in the head.

BTW Edey's amazing footwork. he took 7 steps and moved a foot for a semi fall away shot. 

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I agree the conference isn’t consistent with officiating. I feel like some games Edey should’ve shot way more free throws than he did while other nights he shoots a lot. 17 free throw attempts for a guy that big and skilled isn’t crazy especially when Collins spoke about his strategy to use all 15 big men fouls on him. 

Agree it can hurt us come tournament time too. But I think this team is better insulated against different officiating compared to last year.